Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paintball team

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

NeMiSiS wrote:
    If you go mostly to Santry.. with a Sniper barrell.. would it not be fairly handy.. to shoot from one end to the other... Is there something there I'm missing, while I was there, there was two bases.. over probably half the length of a football pitch.. do they open it up more ? Depending on numbers or what ?

I'l be getting pretty much stock A5, was gonna get a flatline barrell, and still might in the future.. but I tend to be in the thick of things.. I can't see the extra 100 or so ft making much difference to the way I play... _mind you_ the BT Apex Barrell looks like it could be fun .. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4383679 .

I was half thinking of starting an Irish Paintball Site aswell, when I get a bit of time.. reviews .. tornaments etc.. legislation...

TK

Urban, a few months ago had three areas open. One was a fairly cool area playing a 'take the hill' with a lake and a bridge crossing all mixed in. It would have been perfect for a sniper player. However for some reasons, they closed it down. I think i was due to weather conditions (its an ex-dirt bike track) and it has loads of deep trenches. When urban started off it was a good spot, it had night time speed ball and all, but over time it just lost it.

As regards your website. I have started an irish paintball website, www.irish-paintball.net. And when it is up an going, soon, it will have a decidated irish paintball forum with gun reviews, venue reviews, and a special ascpet which will allow memebers to go paintballing at various venues around the country at discounted prices. I also plan to support the colleges paintball teams an competitions. Pm me for more info.

Writers and reviewers will be appricated once its all up and going. After the college exams hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 baptiste

Hey Nemisis I might be interested to enter your team.
    Illwill do you have more information concerning the tournament ?
    The price, what type of field, where is it etc..?

Nemisis if youre more into speedball you should definitely get a
    smart part ion, its about the same price as an A5 and its a great value.
    For any people who starts to play I recommend spyder markers, I use to
    have a spyder rodeo, it was easy to maintain, to clean and quite cheap.
    Tipmann 98 and A5 are great marker too, they are more reliable, even easier to clean than spyder but more heavier. Playing speedball won't be a good idea with tippman.
    I saw Skirmish opened a speedball field
    (http://www.skirmish.ie/speedball_information.htm ), anyone been there ?
    Richie, youre right a website about irish paintball would be great, if you need any help let me know. For your marker did you sort it out the registration thing ?

Baptiste

As for the site. A few writers would be great, for reviews and for tips and advice. Also, people who know how to wip up a pretty cool looking forum in seconds are weclome too :)

As for my purchase of a paintball marker. Customs got to her. All i need is to pay vat and fax them a copy of my paintball gun license...the part im working on. All in all, much better than i had expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 baptiste

In France there is a great website its http://www.spirit-of-paint.com/,
    all the paintball player use this webpage to communicate on different things,
    technical stuff, tournaments, videos, ads.... That's in french
    but it will give you a good idea. On the front page there is the latest posts
    and at the top left you can enter the forum. Im going to try to get more information on what type of tool have been used to create this website, Ill keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Hah, it's mad the amount of people into paintball on this forum.
    baptiste, I would be more into Woodsball.. Xball wouldn't really appeal to me, but yeh I will let you know soon, if we need another player.

IllWill must be Will from crossfire (How's it going? It's Tom Keenan!) , must watch what I say now.. hah!

dtpaintball .. customs have it and want you to produce a licence, that's good in a way I suppose.. have they specified what kind of licence?

TK

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Hah, it's mad the amount of people into paintball on this forum.
    baptiste, I would be more into Woodsball.. Xball wouldn't really appeal to me, but yeh I will let you know soon, if we need another player.

IllWill must be Will from crossfire (How's it going? It's Tom Keenan!) , must watch what I say now.. hah!

dtpaintball .. customs have it and want you to produce a licence, that's good in a way I suppose.. have they specified what kind of licence?

TK

Its good but its also bad. UPS are dealing with customs. UPS told me that i need a licence from the dept. of justice......ok fair enough. I ring up the department at stephens green in dublin and they said that you do not need a license from them, just the usual license that is approved by your local superindendant. I am off to the local super this afternoon and see what happens.

And nenemis, ive set up www.irish-paintball.net (still in baby stages) but it will be a dedicated forum for paintball in ireland. Check it out and drop off a few suggestions.

Will do, let us know how you get on with the licence.
    TK

So... what happend ?
    TK

NeMiSiS wrote:
    So... what happend ?
    TK

Not much yet. Went to the local garda station. Gave him my spiel about the whole job. He was grand, didnt know a whole lot about paintball guns surprise surprise. I gave him the reciept, my letter from my college club, a letter from skirmish saying that i was a customer there bla bla bla, a letter from my self to my local super just formally applying to him and then filled out the usual firearms form.

So all this is going to be sent to another local station where there is a firearms officer and from there is will be sent to enniscorthy where the super for my area is. Its up to him to say no, or approve me and then get it all sent up to dublin for some other crap that i havent a clue about. Then i get my firearms cert. A regular shot gun can take up to and over a month. But hopefully i put a good case forward for my self to speed it up a bit.

But hold the fone. I got a call today from the secruity ppl in UPS. They had being doing a bit of ringing around. They dont like holding them kind of items around so they are shipping it to enniscorthy garda station for me to be held there until all the paper work goes through. This is good and bad. Good:) , in the fact that at least its out of customs and only a few miles from me and there is a chance of gething it without a license, and bad:( , in the fact that there is another pair of hands opening it, inspecting it and hopefully some parts wont go walkies (i got a lot of accessories as well, sightss etc). Also if they see the A5 they may get scared because it looks fairly real and they may not let me have it.

Any how, thats the latest. I have not being sent to jail or in any trouble for importing a paintball gun with out a license........yet.

ps. by super, i mean superintendent

Jaysus... sounds like incredable hassle. We are getting a letter off aswell, saying were we go etc.. Our local Sargent is fairly hard to get in touch with, but will see how it goes..
    TK

Well here is the latest on my quest for getting a paintball gun. I am currently looking at my brand new Tippmann A5 on the table beside me, and i don’t even have a license.

The story so far was that UPS don’t want to be holding firearms, so they ring the persons local garda station to get them to hold it. So i got a call from my local to say that the package was there waiting for me until i got all my paper work sorted out. Then when I got home from college at the weekend, there was a letter waiting for me from my local super, giving me permission to be in possession of the said firearm ' Tippmann A5 and Paintballs' with out a certificate. So then I went in and showed the letter to the sergeant holding my marker and hey presto. It only took......3 weeks from purchase to holding it.

So back to the original subject of the topic, i am now a person with there own equipment and license. What’s all this about a competition in crossfire?

That's great, congrats. I'l be doing the same so. Waiting on a letter off Will to say we play at Crossfire.. As for the tornamnet, it is meant to be the first and last wednsday of next month. Waiting on an email about it at the moment. Must also get a letter from Skirmish, mind you.. have not been there in a while.

Crossfire told me they are booked solid when I rang there today, any recomendations of anywhere else we could go on a Saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

i also have a marker:):)

let me know how co2 fills go, do spyder markers take a different type of sized tank or i mean o ring size?

Cheers, I hope she is going to be worth all he hassel now.

The only places that i know of in the dublin area are skirmish, crossfire and urban paintball. Urban DONT allow you to bring your own marker. Skirmish do, and i havent been to crossfire in over a year so im not sure about there but id say there pretty sound over there.

Then further afield, there is supershot paintball in stradbally, co, laois. Its an hour out the n7 road. Then further again, some places in mullingar and wexford. Other than that i dont know.

Another option is if there were enough people with their own gear and access to gas and paintballs. Just meet up at at a safe destination, a farm ideally and trow a few straw bails around as make shift bunkers. Like the skirmish speedball arena in meath. It would be better than nothing. A lot more hassel doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alicphoenix

were do you go for the licence if the cops don't have a f***ing clue what your talking about.:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Hi me and 10 of my friends all paid 160 each and we got
    * 10 x Vexor Paintball Guns.
    * 10 x 20oz Refillable CO2 Bottles.
    * 10 x Dye Proto Goggle Systems.
    * 10 x 200 Shot Hoppers.
    * 10 x Camouflage Overalls.
    * 10 x 4+1 Harnesses.
    * 40 x 140 Ammo Pods.
    * 4 x Straight Shot Squeegees.
    * 2 x Anti Fog.
    * 1 x CO2 Fill Station.
    * 10 x 2000 Paintballs.
    It's all on http://www.gizmos-uk.com/Paintball%20Site%20Package.html the one thing is that they said 2 days shipping and it's been about 30 days because they were changing from winter to summer balls or something like that and it was changed to about 4 shipments. I didn't know then that you needed a license so i was wondering if you can get one AFTER having it shipped?

Ya you need to have bought a firearm before you can get a cert for it. Each of your friends are going to need their own cert (license). Other wise if you want to get them all your self, then you will need a firearms dealers license, that that is hassel. Your gear will be stopped in customs untill you show the certs.
    Check out irish-paintball.net for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Thanks i'll tell the guy buying them, he thinks that you don't need them