Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 10-01-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Anyone use RIPWAVE or BREEZE (Irish Broadband service from Eircom) within Dublin city area. Thinking of getting it as it seems cheep with no contracts hanging over the head. Any info would be appricated. cheers! thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Battlejuice

used to use them. Not for me due to shocking support if anything goes wrong. There are a good few threads in here on woeful experiences with IBB.
    Their marketing team are certainly very good but be prepared for a minimum of a 30 minute wait for some monkey in "tech support" to tell you something you already know (ie: after forcing you to reboot, unplug they will state the internet is down and they haven't a clue when it'll be back up. Sorry, have a nice day).
    Personally i'd go for anyone but IBB. They're a world of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

Anyone use RIPWAVE or BREEZE (Irish Broadband service from Eircom) within Dublin city area. Thinking of getting it as it seems cheep with no contracts hanging over the head. Any info would be appricated. cheers! thanks.

I live near the city centre and have Ripwave, it's dreadfully slow, I get on average 20-50kbps - just checked it now download speed = 28.9kbps

When I got it first it was pretty good with speeds up to 300kbps but the network as slowed right down now with more users joining up.

It is cheap and OK for email but it should not be sold as a Broadband service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Check out the broadband forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259
    There are numerous posts in there about the hell that is IBB.
    Make up your mind after reading a few threads.
    There are also many discussions on alternatives.
    You are lucky in that you are in Dublin City where there are many options for broadband providers.
    I dont think that this warrants a new topic int he Dublin City Forum when it has already been covered to death in the broadband forum.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

There's no end of threads about Irish Broadband on the Broadband forum.

Comp > Nets/Comms > Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I'm on Breeze in Raheny and I think it is great, great, great!! :):) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

Great, thanks everyone for the mails, I'll check those suggested threads out, Any ideas as what IP i should get if I wanted to do alot of file transfering??

Advertisement