Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble - Predictions? Possible Spoilers (if people guess right)

• 10-01-2006 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any predictions on who might win the Royal Rumble.

I reckon it'll be Smackdown with the winner, hopefully Chris Benoit (if he's in it), or Rey Mysterio, setting up a match between him and Orton at Wrestlemania.

Also hope that both raw and smackdown commentary teams do the rumble match (as they did the survivor series match)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Maybe Triple H. Maybe Orton. It's hard to say what with Edge winning the title and all what direction they want to go in. Hell if I had my way RVD would win it on returning.

Maybe it'll come down to Mark Henry and Viscera though...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

there's only one choice for a fairytale WM. matt hardy to win rumble & take belt of edge then lita in some weird stipulation match. not a great main event but interesting story wise.

Chuck Norris.He would layeth the smackethdown on all their candy asses.

I always wanted Chuck Norris to be an entrant. Crazy you should say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Brow wrote:
    I always wanted Chuck Norris to be an entrant. Crazy you should say that.
    Me 2 go chuck go, he'd do one roundahouse kick and hed win instantainiously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

rvd or orton.... his 1st match against bientot was good...... i have a feeling this will be his year..... i'm just glad that bob orton has vanished for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll stick with Triple H. Did you see his promo on Raw?

Also did you notice in the Royal Rumble adverts, Stephanie says "To the victor, goes the spoils"?

A hint at the winner maybe?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was thinkin Orton before..looks like he could be champ come WM now though. HHH is probably the more likely. His first RR match as heel in 7 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I think with Batista probly dropping the belt sooner rather than later to orton or someone like him,rey rey will have to take over as main face for smackdown/company!
    With cena slowly but surely pissing off the crowd the company needs a new man to step up and Rey deserves a turn at the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

hbk for the win, only to be screwed out of a title shot by vince. mark my words. heh, i said mark.

• Advertisement

That could be right on the money..but I wouldn't want to see it. Better idea to have him no 1 and fall just short of the mark. I also said mark!

Now I'm beginning to think twice about my pick..Benoit has a much better chance of winning now I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't see HBK getting the win, he might be screwed out of it, I think it's got more of a chance going to Rey Mysterio. He's a main eventer, and has absolutely no storylines going on, he'd be the perfect surprise winner. (And the E is loving giving us surprises recently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just had a horrible, horrible thought...

Hulk Hogan....

Roar wrote:

Hulk Hogan....

:eek: DUDE, thats not funny :( *shivers*

bobby lashley.
    anyone? anyone?

bueller???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Roar wrote:

Hulk Hogan....

He has a book out........ (sorry a running joke)

Id love to see Benoit win it and then a Benoit/Angle 60 minute ironman match at WM22.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH...............*wipes drool from corner of mouth*

julep wrote:
    bobby lashley.
    anyone? anyone?

bueller???

I think he's first one in the rumble. So the chances are very unlikely.

my guesses are that bientot, brooker t and orton are out..... theres gonna be a triple threat match for the us title.... i'm guessing :o unless brooker is still injured.... if thats the case, then i'd say rey mysterio will win the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Bientot and Brooker T, eh?

Have'nt seen them yet, must be new...

D-FENS wrote:
    Bientot and Brooker T, eh?

Have'nt seen them yet, must be new...

ugh :o spelling error on my part. Benoit and booker t i mean

:o

• Advertisement

ugh :o spelling error on my part. Benoit and booker t i mean

:o

Only joking Mate, could'nt resist it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

As much as I love Rey Mysterio, I still think hes way to small to win the rumble. Hes only 165lbs for gods sake

am i the only person who doesn't rate mysterio?
    great as a cruiserweight, but putting him over in matches against the likes of the big show is completely ridiculous. i just don't buy him as a main eventer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I dont buy into people because of their size, 165lbs, 200lbs, 300lbs. Whatever. If you have put on great quality matches consistently like he has, you earn your credibility.

Rey's quality speaks for itself against all sizes of wrestlers. He even spoke recently in an interview about how he enjoys working with much bigger opponents at this stage in his carreer than he ever did before. His match with JBL at No Mercy is a good example. It was a really good match, not a classis but good.

He sells a heap of merchandise, is hugely over with all segments of the audience, has a great look and I beleive has an "it" factor, about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I see only two possible winners: HHH or Orton....nobody else stands a chance.

What about Cena losing the title match, but then entering the Rumble and winning? I wouldn't put it past them

I see only two possible winners: HHH or Orton....nobody else stands a chance.
    i dont know, i have a funny feeling orton is gonna be involved in a match against bentoit and booker t for the u.s title..... which is a crime. orton should not be involved in such a mid card match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

gm1984 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Nah, can't see it unfortunately.
    He might be allowed put on a decent showing for his return, but it's straight into a feud with Carlito for him by the looks of it, Carlito's already started slagging him again on Raw, so I doubt he'll win the Rumble.

I'd also expect Lashley to be the dominating Big Man this year that they always seem to have, possibly even eliminating Kane or Show, to advance his push, but again he certainly won't win it.

I’d say HHH or Orton alright, love to be surprised though like we were at NYR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

RVD I think has a chance. I reckon it'll be down to him or Mysterio.

Triple H and Big Show will eliminate each other.

be great to see RVD win it alright but normally returning stars who win come out as mystery entries don't they? here's hoping for a mystery entry to win it. come on doink LOL. but looking at the 2 current champs there's only 2 winners i could see coming out of it HBK to face angle or matt hardy to face edge. unless 1 or both champs drop the belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

As much as I'd like RVD to win it, I don't see it happening. He'll look awesome in the match but he won't win. Like D-FENS said, he already has a feud starting with Carlito.

As for who'll win, I don't know. I originally thought Ortonm but now he's tied up in the U.S Title picture it seems. For once, I don't see a clear cut winner for the Rumble, so it should be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah, Raw is focusing on the Rumble match than Smackdown so i dont think i could say who would win it at this point.

Surely my predicition of Triple H from weeks ago is looking good at this point? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

For what its worth when Chris Jericho left a few months ago everyone seems to be of the opinion that he would return at and win the RR.
    I still think that stands, Edge V Chris Jericho at WrestleMania....Am I crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Probably, but man I would love that, as Jericho has been my favourite ever since he arrived in WWE. Somehow though I couldnt see Jericho Vs Edge as a top draw for Wrestlemania.
    Surely my predicition of Triple H from weeks ago is looking good at this point?

If Cena regains the title yes, if not, no. I cant see them giving Cena back the title this quickly. It will rob Edge of any credibility and will also make the whole MITB storyline, which last 10 months, look almost pointless.

I honestly dont see a clear cut winner here, so Ill stick to my original guess of Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Probably, but man I would love that, as Jericho has been my favourite ever since he arrived in WWE. Somehow though I couldnt see Jericho Vs Edge as a top draw for Wrestlemania.

If Cena regains the title yes, if not, no. I cant see them giving Cena back the title this quickly. It will rob Edge of any credibility and will also make the whole MITB storyline, which last 10 months, look almost pointless.

I honestly dont see a clear cut winner here, so Ill stick to my original guess of Orton.

If Edge is champ going into mania then they'll have to go with a face against him so that rules HHH out. Or is that too simple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Edge over Cena to retain the belt and RVD to win the Rumble.

IF JERICHO DOES come back would that make him a smackdown superstar, since he was fired from raw..... triple h seems to be the clear bet for this match.... i cant see orton being in the rumble, rey is another person who i believe is ready, jaysus he's been ready for a while now i think any way.... i dont think cena will win, cause well as some one said on this thread, it would make the money in the bank pointless.... why the hell hold onto mitb for 9 months and win the title and then lose it again 3 weeks later..... makes no sense, i can see edge holding onto it until wrestlemania.

out of this royal rumble: i have it i know whose gonna be the winner: THE COACH. HA!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

after all the hype for rvd's return i think hes gonna win it.....either him or orton are my picks

• Advertisement

just hearing jericho's name it would kind of make sense for him to return & face edge after the original idea was jerichos [for M.I.T.B.] hell you could even paint jericho as a heel or face for a match like that.

yak_kadafi wrote:
    after all the hype for rvd's return i think hes gonna win it.....either him or orton are my picks

WWE give most wrestlers, from mid card upwards anyway, who are retuning form injury a 30 second promo to say when they'll be back, i would'nt call it a huge amount of hype.
    I remember they done the same for Val Venis, the Godfather and Goldust a few years ago when they were coming back for the Rumble and none of them lasting pi$$ing time in the match in't self.

IMO, If RVD were to win the Rumble, he would have returned a few weeks ago, and build up the momentum going into the event, much like HHH in 2001.

As everyone else has stated, RVDs return will most likely set up a Wrestlemania feud with Carlito.

I can't see RVD winning it, simply because he hasn't wrestled in a year and it could take him some time to get back into the swing of things. Relying on him to deliver in the main event of WM could be asking too much

Well, sorry to disappoint all the Jericho fans, but Fozzy have a UK tour starting on Saturday, so it's pretty much impossible for Chris to be in two places at the same time..pretty much....

Don't forget that the winner can switch shows

gimmick wrote:

Agreed. The Cena/Edge match will be crucial I think. I personally think the WWE will give Cena back the belt based on the solid reactions he has been getting since he lost it. If Edge retains then it could be anybody but I imagine Orton would look good at that stage.

Just thought of something actually - HHH to win the rumble and go onto Mania to face Angle after switching brand.

Id imagine that by him going to SD that he would have more time to spend with pregnant Stephanie, and as we have seen before, Angle Vs HHH is a great feud.

I also predict Orton to cash in his favour from Booker like so - Orton draws an early number and gets eliminated earlyish. Booker has drawn a late number. Orton takes his favour, taking Bookers entry, and re-entering the Rumble.

gimmick wrote:
    Just thought of something actually - HHH to win the rumble and go onto Mania to face Angle after switching brand.

Id imagine that by him going to SD that he would have more time to spend with pregnant Stephanie, and as we have seen before, Angle Vs HHH is a great feud.

I also predict Orton to cash in his favour from Booker like so - Orton draws an early number and gets eliminated earlyish. Booker has drawn a late number. Orton takes his favour, taking Bookers entry, and re-entering the Rumble.

It's an interesting idea, and you might be right the baby reason being the only thing that would make HHH go to SM, but where would that leave the Raw main event at WM? Cena/Edge 3? no way but who else on Raw would be big enough to challenge whoever wins at the Rumble? HBK obviously, but he's most likely going to wrestle McMahon be the looks of it. Kane/Show? Long shots I’d say. In fact, they’ll most likely end up against each other come WM, their tag champ party should be over by then.
    Personally, I’ve no idea what way it’s gonna go, which is great because for the first time in a long while things aren’t quite so predictable.
    Plus, whatever the Rumble outcome, I’d say No Way Out next month and the returning Saturday Night Main Event scheduled for early March will have a say in the final shape of the WM card.

I don't know how moving to SD would give HHH more time off. Both shows do 4 events a week, it's not as if Raw guys have to work harder. I couldn't imagine him moving from Raw, he knows it's the main show and he's pretty much got a choice in the matter

D Fens wrote:
    where would that leave the Raw main event at WM?

Well HHH vs Booker at WM19 was quite a bit down the card, so there is no reason why Cena Vs Edge 3 cant be likewise.
    Fozzy wrote:
    he's pretty much got a choice in the matter

Put it this way, and I know I am speaking to the converted but which Wrestlemania main event would interest you more, and indeed draw more buy rates etc - Cena Vs HHH or Angle Vs HHH!??

gimmick wrote:
    Put it this way, and I know I am speaking to the converted but which Wrestlemania main event would interest you more, and indeed draw more buy rates etc - Cena Vs HHH or Angle Vs HHH!??

Yeah, I know, but I'd just imagine HHH would want to get the WWE title back again, when's the last time he had it?! Plus, he hasn't had the chance to bury Cena yet! Although..just thinking about it, there'd be a lot more for him to do on SD. If it were my choice, I'd have him on SD. But I still find it hard to imagine that he'd want to

• Advertisement
Advertisement