Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennys bookshop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fireman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pk100

Kennys was by far the best book shop in Galway, you could spend hours getting "lost" in their, finding hidden gems throughout the many corridors. It is a sad sight to see it gone.

Now that the Gallery has taken over the whole building it has become probably the best Art Gallery in the west, every year they showcase the best in Art from Kenneth Webb to Gertrude Degenhardt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

only ever bought one book in kenny's. always went into easons!!

dubhthach wrote:
    My point was Kennys lost alot of it's charm after they did it up back in the mid 90's. The best bookshop in Galway for last couple of years has been Charlie Brynes if ye ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pk100

I actually never bought a book from the shop in my life but when I heard about the shop closing down i visited the site kennys.ie and I nearly all my books from there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

tbh i couldnt care less really that it is closing.nostagia moshtalgia!!!!.. i mean if people were going into it
    and buying books then it would still be open-right?
    anyways web shopping has taken over the book business. amazon offer a great service, a global bookshop at your fingertips.
    i think alot of these small bookshops would need to start getting alot more interactive and community-friendly with their customers if they want to survive... offering book clubs and book rentals and maybe free coffee and wifi internet access instore (am i pushing it!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Charlie Byrnes is savage alright, better selection if ya ask me.

I'd say Galway is ready for a starbucks. People seem willing to pay 3-4 euro for a cup of coffee these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

I'd say Galway is ready for a starbucks. People seem willing to pay 3-4 euro for a cup of coffee these days.

3-4 Euro are ya mad???? No way.....1.90 MAX in mocha beans absoulutly no more!!! it is only a bit of flavoured hot water at the end of the day.... People would be mad to spend €4 on a coffee....unless it was an irish coffee of course ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

People do spend that much on coffee. I see people in Dublin paying €2.80 for a pissy latte in Cafe Sol, which comes in a paper cup, and is made with LOW FAT MILK!!!! They think it makes them look modern, hip and European. Tossers.

Advertisement