Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons

Options
  • 10-01-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had a particularly good driving instructor in cork city. I know that some peoples definitions of good vary, so just to be specific, i'm not looking for one of those who will F**K you out of it, if you make a mistake. I'm looking for someone who is calm, who explains everything properly, and preferrable is a former tester.

All opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Tom Mc Grath. He's in the phone book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

try martin cox , he's based in cobh but he works in cork as well , i passed my test first time after two lessons from him , he knows all the routes the testers take , i had been driving for a while so i didnt need much on how to drive , but he showed me all the stupid habits i had and what the testers looked for
    his number is in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Andre's School of Driving. The man is a legend. He's like one of those teachers you had in school who were born to do the job. Really dedicated and professional.

homah_7ft wrote:
    He's like one of those teachers you had in school who were born to do the job.

Wearing tweed and smelling awfully of urine stained books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Not quite the image I was going for :eek:

• Advertisement

but a powerful one none the less ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Tim Murphy - School of Motoring (Carrigaline). 021 437 1393 or 087 277 3445Tim is an excellent teacher, very, very patient and funny - when you feel your crap and you'll never get the hang of it, he's really encouraging!!! Good Luck! J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

John Horgan is very good, everyone i no that has been with him has passed there test.... Pm and i will give you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Tim Murphy, Carrigaline.
    Heard plenty of good about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I too was with John Horgan. Seemed to know his shiznay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

What is the going rate, per hour, dor driviving instructors these days

(lets say if you use your own car, and drive around for an hour)

Back in 2004 is was EUR 25-30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I think mine was €35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

Tom McGrath is very good , Real Patient like, I;'d recommend him. hes with ISM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I've asked some offline people and the current figure is EUR 30-35 (in your own car)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 moneypenny79

anyone know of any female driving instructors in cork city???

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Women Driving Instructors - surely not !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭CarPark

Caroline's school of motoring or something like that. (087-2956077)
    I had one lesson with her, and she was really good, but i was late for the second lesson, (my watch was slow), and then she didn't return my phone call, and i didn't have a chance to follow it up.

I would still recommend her, she is much better than my current instructor!

CP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

What's the rate per hour if you don't have your own car? I assume all these instructors listed can (and do) give lessons in their own car. Is that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RobertBaylon

Chris Higgins is a good driving instructor and is good value 30 Euro per lesson I passed 1st time with him in Wilton :rolleyes:His school is called AAA Professional school of motoring His number is (085-7728429)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbasstone

Dave is very good too incase anybody is interested. He gave lessons to most of the poeple in my class in CIT. Not sure How much he charges now but he was 25euro back in march 2010.

His number is 087 9611 905:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbasstone

just found Daves website on google
    www.mydrivinglessonscork.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Aviva have a good deal.
    10 lessons and 6 months of accompanied driver cover, for €400.

Ask for Frank O'Leary.

Advertisement