Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Cup TV Details

• 10-01-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Opening four Setanta Sports Cup live TV broadcast fixtures announced

Linfield v Derry City first live broadcast from Windsor Park on February 20th

Dublin, January 10th 2006

The opening four Setanta Sports Cup 2006 fixtures to be broadcast live on Setanta Sports have been announced.

Holders Linfield will open their defence of the trophy against Derry City at Windsor Park on Monday February 20th and this Group B fixture will be broadcast live on Setanta Sports with a kick-off time of 8pm. The three other fixtures being played that night (and other fixtures not being broadcast live on subsequent matchnights) will all kick off at 7.45pm.

The following week, the rematch of the 2005 FAI Cup Final – when eircom League Premier Division Champions Cork City take on FAI Cup winners Drogheda United at Turner’s Cross in Group A – will be broadcast live on Setanta Sports, kick-off 8pm.

The Setanta Sports cameras will be in The Brandywell the following night (Tuesday February 28th) for the meeting of Derry City and Shelbourne (kick-off 8pm) and will return to Turner’s Cross on Monday March 6th when Cork City entertain Setanta Sports Cup new boys Dungannon Swifts (8pm).

Further details in relation to the broadcasts and subsequent live broadcasts will be announced shortly.

-o-

Live Broadcasts on Setanta Sports:
    Monday 20th February
    Group B: Linfield v Derry City, Windsor Park, 8pm

Monday 27th February
    Group A: Cork City v Drogheda United, Turner’s Cross, 8pm

Tuesday 28th February
    Group B: Derry City v Shelbourne, The Brandywell, 8pm

Monday 6th March
    Group A: Cork City v Dungannon Swifts, Turner’s Cross, 8pm

Taken from Shelsweb. Only a bit over a month until the big kick-off, can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Some game to go to in the brandywell , would there be many people interested in going for a over night stay to the match ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Gonna be top class! Not that I'll see any as I'll be at all the Shels games on the same nights, but still, video will be set! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cork City 10/3
    Shelbourne 4/1
    Linfield 4/1
    Derry City 13/2
    Drogheda Utd 9/1
    Portadown 10/1
    Glentoran 11/1
    Dungannon Swifts 33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id argue with that betting, as Rico has come out and said that he will be using the Setanta as 'pre-seaosn' tournament. That being said, I cant imagine Brian Lennox agreeing to this, as the rewards for winning this trophy are huge, far bigger than a FAI Cup win financially.

Looking forward to this, and glad of the new structure, as i felt last years was a little too tight, not to mention the fact that this will make clubs take their League Cup more seriously now.

Anyway, I expect City and Drogs to progress from Group A, Linfield and Shels from Group B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Only concern I'll have about the Copa del Setanta is that it may affect Shelbourne's early eL season performances. I thought it did effect us last season and with the increase in games I'm afraid we might lose our early season focus (yeah all teams are liable to this) as the league should be our No.1 priority.

I'll go with Linfield to retain their trophy as they are on fire this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Important that Setanta pick matches that will look attractive on TV(with crowds in the backround)

This means choosing Cork, Derry, and Drogheda matches.

Linfield home matches look ****e on TV. Hopefully the Derry match will capture the imagination of the Belfast public.

Good call all round IMO, from the Setanta station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You forgot Shels there I think! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

I reckon Linfield will win it again.

Zane...you cant blame the Setanta cup for not doing well last season...you had too many new players trying to settle in at the start..thats more the reason you didnt do well!

Does anybody know if the EL is breaking for a few weeks in June for the world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We'll know when they release the fixtures :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The fixtures will be released on the afternoon of the first league game most likely, leaving all 12 teams to scramble to their destinations.

Odds on the referees not making it in time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

bullrunner wrote:
    Zane...you cant blame the Setanta cup for not doing well last season...you had too many new players trying to settle in at the start..thats more the reason you didnt do well!

Oh yeah i do realize there were many other factors in Shels' poor performances for the first 2/3rds of the season but IMO the Setanta didn't help us one bit as we lost our focus to the Setanta when more importantly it should have been on the league.

I don't give much of damn about the Setanta (except the nice cash prizes on offer), our priority should be on the league this season. Anything else is secondary.

Advertisement