Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Recommendations

Options
  • 10-01-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Long time reader, first time Poster!!!!

Was wondering if anyone has a preference on scope power/reticle etc.. for 0.22 50M target shooting.
    Anyone suggest any make/model?
    Price <€300 would be nice:)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

I bought a leupold 6.5-20x40 on ebay last week for 275.00 stg, it had a cap missing so I emailed leupold sales for info on where to purchase a cap, Leupold sent me one free of charge next day.
    How's that for service ???
    There are some great scope bargains on ebay, I have bought a few there and no probs' but do buy a known brand, not a chinese clone type which have inferior lens fitted.
    Any magnification up to 10 or 12 will do and 40mm or 50mm dia' if using in low light. Depends on use and how much you can spend, but don't forget you can keep your scope for your next rifle, so buy the best you can afford, no point in a good rifle and a poor scope
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hi You, welcome.

This is good advice-
    ... buy the best you can afford, no point in a good rifle and a poor scope
    Without going to top-end stuff that costs a fortune, there are loads of scopes out there, here's a page with a list to be going on with- http://www.binocularsdirect.com/Rifle_Scopes/mprf.html

Actually, the Tasco that outfit have on the above page looks like a decent option, straight off the bat!
    (http://www.binocularsdirect.com/Tasco_Rifle_Scopes/dprfozoylbsb.html)
    It's got a zoom range of 10-40, which would be useful on the bench. It has a 50mm objective lens with parallax adjustment, so should be reasonably expected to transmit a decent amount of light. It's got external 1/8 MOA (Minute Of Angle) turrets. It has a 'dot' reticle of some sort though, and I'd prefer a fine crosshair for benchrest.
    Depends on the size of the dots! :D

With the exception of the dot reticle, that scope has all the features I'd be looking for in a target scope.
    Assuming you don't have anything against the Tasco brand and the build quality is okay, it could be a very suitable purchase. The price is certainly right :)

Also, don't forget to budget for decent mounts!
    There's nothing quite as heartbreaking as trying to zero a scope with sh1tty mounts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

swarovski-reticles2.jpg

theres the dot reticle i think

http://www.binocularsdirect.com/rsrf.html

this page expalins them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

Thanks for that..;)
    Rovi wrote:
    Also, don't forget to budget for decent mounts!

Will do. I'll be getting some high mounts, as we do alot of OS shooting as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ogam

Try a swift optic premier 6x24 mag. on line from ballymount field sports.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

Any one any experience of a Bushnell 6-24.
    At the moment it's a toss-up between this and the Leupold.
    (Leupold obviously alot more expensive)

Advertisement