Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Reverb

Options
  • 10-01-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I don't know much about recording and stuff.

Just wondering....is there any easy way of adding reverb to an mp3. I have a few songs that were recorded directly from a sound board at a concert but they badly need a small bit of reverb.

Is there any free software out there that can do it or do i have to get fancy softwarre??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Dose each instrument need reverb added?, or the whole track in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Its an MP3 so it'll have to be all or nothing. Bear in mind that Audacity has very limited control over reverb parameters.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The whole track will sound a bit weird with reverb on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Get Ambience. Best free reverb imho. Takes a massive chunk of the cpu though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭COOKSTER

This might sound naff, but its a technique used by a lot of engineers when recording in the studio, although generally on a kit or amp not the whole mix. Try playing the Mp3 material through speakers and if you have a mic experiment with placing it at different ditances and in different environments (bathroom, kitchen, hallway, face mic towards pane of glass, etc, etc.) and mix with the original mp3 in audacity. You will probably be lucky to get the result you envisage due to the quality of speakers/mic/time sync when mixing. But you can have some fun and learn a bit about ambience and recording in the process, who knows you might be lucky...
    Best of luck
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

kristal audio might be of use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

COOKSTER wrote:
    This might sound naff, but its a technique used by a lot of engineers when recording in the studio, although generally on a kit or amp not the whole mix. Try playing the Mp3 material through speakers and if you have a mic experiment with placing it at different ditances and in different environments (bathroom, kitchen, hallway, face mic towards pane of glass, etc, etc.) and mix with the original mp3 in audacity. You will probably be lucky to get the result you envisage due to the quality of speakers/mic/time sync when mixing. But you can have some fun and learn a bit about ambience and recording in the process, who knows you might be lucky...
    Best of luck
    C

I tried this before. It took a bit of messing about but eventually I got a cool sound. It took a few hours to do it all though. I'd recommend this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

seems a bit pointless to me

Advertisement