Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War effort status page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What's the main benifit of doing this? What are the rewards. I am lvl 39 with 55G, I need everything I can for my mount so I can't donate anything. Am I missing out on anything important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

well everytime you hand in whatever it is that you are supposed to hand in like copper bars etc, you get 10 signet things and a crate. In the crate you get some cool stuff that you can sell/keep. The signet things give you extra reputation points to whatever faction you hand them into. The more reputation you have with a faction the higher chance there is that in the shops there will be unique/rare items, afaik.
    What happens when everything is handed in and the realm has 100% of stuff needed, I don't know. maybe you get experience or items at the end of it...

#edit# Took this from the wow forums

Adventurers across Azeroth are working hard to gather enough supplies to bring war to the Qiraji. Once each realm has gathered the war effort supplies and crafted the Scepter of the Shifting Sands, they can open The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj.

so pretty much we have to play alot more of the game, to get 2 more instances..so we can play more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Wait a second ...

How come the totals for Alliance are higher than the totals for Horde?

Surely there are more Horde on bladefist than Alliance ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theres more alliance on most servers, hence alliance have to hand in 1,000,000 more items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am on one of the younger servers where 90% of the pop is under lvl 60

Nordrassil

Hence we are still under 10% when some are 30%+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Also found out that the gates open by themselves after a while. The resources start to automaticaly pile up regardless to whether they have been collected by players. However, someone has to do a quest that creates a scepter which enables the gates to be opened,once all the resources are gathered.

Im in a new server , Dentarg( which is down till thursday :( ) the horde are whiping our ass, they has 9% when we alliance only have 5%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's a joint effort, not Horde vs. Alliance. Trust Blizzard to implement something that requires retarded amounts of inane farming, not only for the resources but to start the sceptre chain you need to kill about 30,000(yes...) elite bugs in Silithus. G_G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

At least the quest isn't a once off thing, and some people will get a chance to see the events again. Theres some ace rewards in the chain too.

But yea, congratulations to blizzard on adding even more original content..i.e. hours and hours of non stop grinding :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive gotta say, i really like the war effort.

When you walk/ride past the war effort section in any of the cities, it really does feel like theres some sort of event happening. It adds something a bit different and makes the world seem far more dynamic. Sure, theres a lot of grinding, but hey WELCOME TO ENDGAME LOLZ. May as well get some extra rep while your at it. It also involves people who arent interested in raiding in world events.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it seems like a pretty cool idea, and i'd love to try it out, as im, finally, back in the game (even of only for a small while). what lvl is sithilus now?

currently 52, but having to help low lvl friend is slowing me down...isnt that right xavier :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Dustaz wrote:
    Ive gotta say, i really like the war effort.

When you walk/ride past the war effort section in any of the cities, it really does feel like theres some sort of event happening. It adds something a bit different and makes the world seem far more dynamic.

Yea thats true actually, the atmosphere is definitely better. Drama and politics on my server have probably just turned me cynical anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

The rewards are quite cool too. On a normal run through LBRS/ Strath you could easily pick up 60 Runecloth without trying. This will give you 4 (or 3 if you want rep) 50+ items, which can go for up to 5g each.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

fjon wrote:
    This will give you 4 (or 3 if you want rep) 50+ items, which can go for up to 5g each.

really?? cause i have like 80 runecloth, and since i dont have anything decent to make with tailoring, and i have a load of bandages, i was looking for something to do with these, other then selling them. is it one of the npc's in around ironforge that i need to give them to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Coming from the gryffons into the Martial ward there are 6 NPC's to your right relating to AQ hand ins. The runecloth bandage guy is the last of the 6 :D

Advertisement