Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best book for basic sauces?

• 10-01-2006 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

One thing I'd like to learn is how to cook nice basic sauces from scratch but not too complicated to go with meat. Like the restaurant versions i.e Honey mustard sauce, whisky and mushroom sauce etc etc. Any ideas on a specific book for these? or any recipe ideas full stop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

There's a few in here I think: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/030434897X/qid=1129716658/sr=1-18/ref=sr_1_2_18/026-1989373-5695641 which is a general how to cook book. I find it quite handy. For sauces it wouldn't be my first choice, but unfortunately the book that is is only available in French (studied at college and lived there a while, that's my excuse). Maybe someone can suggest somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Best book for basic recipes, esp sauces is Darina allens Ballymaloe one, the big silver one, cant remember its real name. very good for things like that. i have it at home you can borrow it if you like sometime.

Advertisement