Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South park temp ban from tv?

• 10-01-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

is it true that it has been temp banned since the bloddy mary episode because of those religious types who complain bout stuff like that
    those ppl who complain bout religion being slaged are are nothing but ****ing morons anyway because if u are offended by **** like that dont watch all those great shows like family guy amercian dad and south park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I very much doubt it was banned. No mention of such a ban in the stickies either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/dec05/southpark601202.php

"Unsurprisingly, the script infuriated the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which demanded an apology and a pledge the show never be repeated or released on DVD. "

*eek*

<edit>

looks like it's not canned though...
    http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=114&sid=669036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

thanks for clearing that up

Ah I thought you meant the topic was banned from the Television forum :) This kind of **** happens, luckily the episode got to do the rounds before it was pulled unlike the Drawn Together episode which was pulled. I've seen the episode and I didn't think it was that offensive, they've certainly done a lot worse. It was like that Family Guy episode which was temporarily pulled but turned out to be totally tame compared to normal Family Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Stark wrote:
    Ah I thought you meant the topic was banned from the Television forum :) This kind of **** happens, luckily the episode got to do the rounds before it was pulled unlike the Drawn Together episode which was pulled. I've seen the episode and I didn't think it was that offensive, they've certainly done a lot worse. It was like that Family Guy episode which was temporarily pulled but turned out to be totally tame compared to normal Family Guy.

That was my first thought when I read temp ban too. This worries me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

After Matt and Trey got a bunch of abuse from fans for starting season2 with that Terrance&Philip ep instead of Part2 of the 'Who is Cartmans Mom?' ep they said sarcastically "We learnt our viewers like a joke , but not when the jokes on them." as tho they'd never do it again. :)

Glad to hear this show is still pissing people (including viewers) off. That's what the best and most relevant comedy does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

drawn together? what episode was that again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol, are these catholics are unreal (myself being one) that they can't stand something obiviously funny and fake but when south park do an episode entitled "red hot catholic love" were it depicts priests debating that it's alright to have sex with boys and to find out a way of getting the boys to be quiet about it.

people really do surprise me sometimes :rolleyes:

User45701 wrote:
    drawn together? what episode was that again?

Episode 1x06. The one where Captain Hero becomes paralysed by falling off a horse (spot the subtle reference).

Advertisement