Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prices of fibre glass body kits?

Options
  • 10-01-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Prices for fibre glass body kits just to buy not fit? Wats the usual price for a full body kit, im driving a 01 toyota corrolla 3dr? Im in donegal, I have the sound system, and alloys jus need a kit now to finish her off, any ideas lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

anything from 300 upwards for a front/rear bumper,skirts normally start at 200 upards.

Your normally talking about 800ish for a full kit but bear in mind its gonna be a fibreglass copy of another kit and it might not be that good a fit.

Best bet is to look at plastic kits,especially if the roads where you live are bad.Fibreglass will be stonechipped in no time and cracks VERY easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Good point, even at the fitting stage of a fibreglass kit, it might in most cases need slight adjustments to suit the car, this can cause hair cracks before you even get it on the road, (too brittle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fast21

Whatever you get, Bit of advice for you. Ive fitted about 10 of these kits to various cars, N made several (hundred!) mistakes along the way.

1. you should use an industrial glue called Sikaflex (definatelly the best stuff I found for it, very, very sticky stuff!) to stick the kit on with.

2. very important that you get a flexible paint mix (including the base primer), Otherwise it just cracks and flakes all over the place.

3. Keep applying the top coats. I found that about 7 or 8 thin layers of topcoat works well (will be expensive on paint, but it should'nt crack and will look the Dogs B***ocks when your finished!)

4. Beware of the cheaper badly fitting kits, they seem to be made of thinner fibreglass and you'll just spend ages trying (unsuccessfully) to get it all lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Good brands for fibre bodykits are Carzone, IbherDesign, Veilside (2 expensive, very good quality), Carcept, etc.

Stay away from copies made in Ireland or N. Ireland. They are not worth the money you save by buying the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd get a plastic front bumper anyway, save from fibreglass breaking up by stone chips, light bumps and scraping on speed bumps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement