Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did she do it...

Options
  • 10-01-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if the lady who sez she was gonna strip today did it? I saw a few undercover Garda lurking round the camera shop...obviously on the lookout.... :D

Comments

What are you on about?
    on a related note.
    was she hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

It woz in the local papers, she was to do it to draw attention to animal cruelty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

My penis sense is tingling.... this looks like a job for grasshopa. What you talkin bout?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hotwheels wrote:
    It woz in the local papers, she was to do it to draw attention to animal cruelty...

Which paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hotwheels wrote:
    I saw a few undercover Garda lurking round the camera shop...obviously on the lookout.... :D

they blend in so well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Hotwheels wrote:
    I saw a few undercover Garda lurking round the camera shop...obviously on the lookout.... :D

Doing some survelance, no doubt. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, anyone at least got a clothed picture of her? So we can decide if we benefited or missed out from this lack of nakedness...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

Well, anyone at least got a clothed picture of her? So we can decide if we benefited or missed out from this lack of nakedness...
    See P2 of today's Irish Times for story and photo.

And the answer is - no she didn't. According to the story - after a garda warning that she'd be arrested if she stripped, she kept her 'bra and thong' on...though it looked like a bikini to me in the photo.

Anyway some free publicity for whatever they were protesting about, something to do with cruelty to circus animals I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Eh I don't really see how it draws attention to animal cruelty.
    She does that and all it was was a surprise thrill for any guy walking past.
    Apart from that unless she had some banner or whatever or the person read the paper then all they know is she's involved in animal cruelty awareness.
    They know nothing of the current causes or cases she's rallying for.
    Or am I missing something?

Eh I don't really see how it draws attention to animal cruelty.
    She does that and all it was was a surprise thrill for any guy walking past.
    Apart from that unless she had some banner or whatever or the person read the paper then all they know is she's involved in animal cruelty awareness.
    They know nothing of the current causes or cases she's rallying for.
    Or am I missing something?

Yeah they are carrying banners that are visible in the photo, name of their group is also mentioned in the story. The prospect of a naked protestor drew the national press to cover this, i guess it's the old advertising adage that 'sex sells'! There were even stories in the local and national press in the days before the protest.

So I would say the protest drew a lot more attention to their cause than if they'd simply paraded up shop street with banners. There are groups with banners promoting various causes on Shop St all the time but they get little if any press coverage...maybe this will lead to a whole new era of 'naked protests' !!!

• Advertisement

FergusF wrote:
    Yeah they are carrying banners that are visible in the photo, name of their group is also mentioned in the story. The prospect of a naked protestor drew the national press to cover this, i guess it's the old advertising adage that 'sex sells'! There were even stories in the local and national press in the days before the protest.

So I would say the protest drew a lot more attention to their cause than if they'd simply paraded up shop street with banners. There are groups with banners promoting various causes on Shop St all the time but they get little if any press coverage...maybe this will lead to a whole new era of 'naked protests' !!!

But it drew more attention because she was gonna be doing it nuder i.e. people were there to see nudity.Not to get involved with their causes.

But it drew more attention because she was gonna be doing it nuder i.e. people were there to see nudity.Not to get involved with their causes.
    Yep that's my point. It was their intention to get peoples' interest going with the nudity thing and maybe some of those people would also stop to read their banners/ literature. They wouldn't have got any press attention had it been the usual group of clothed protestors with placards.

FergusF wrote:
    Yep that's my point. It was their intention to get peoples' interest going with the nudity thing and maybe some of those people would also stop to read their banners/ literature. They wouldn't have got any press attention had it been the usual group of clothed protestors with placards.
    That's a big maybe.
    Possibly several inches bigger once the people arrive...if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Awww what a jip!!! she did not strip (fully anyways)... :) just saw the pix when I was in Portlaois today...still brave woman..doing it in this weather....

Yeah she'll catch pneumonia.

Let's all catch pneumonia to highlight the social and political struggle of edible animals worldwide!

The chicken party is getting my vote anyway.

Anyone got a picture yet? I want to see this nudible young woman!

That is, if that's what she is. I don't really want to see a fat woman beaten with the ugly stick getting naked...

Well, she's quite the edible animal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Christ, if people shouldn't eat animals, why are they made out of food in the first place? Sense tbh people.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

She could have easily gone a bit more nude then that, like a G-string and some lacey bra to boot :D
    Christ, if people shouldn't eat animals, why are they made out of food in the first place? Sense tbh people.

They were protesting about crulty to circus animals not about eating them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I remember seeing this video about these elephant trainers in a circus using blow torches on their feet to get them to do stuff. ****ing awful sounds they were making. Think it was on some PETA site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

grasshopa wrote:
    Yeah she'll catch pneumonia.

is that some new sti???

Even more dangerous than the pregnancy disease!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I believe all animal cruelty has now been ended by this and formerly shackled Russian dancing bears have taken Moscow.

It begins.

in the irish independant she looked fine.but then the irish times.you would just say no.!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

You couldn't see much in the Galway Independent.

timeout wrote:
    You couldn't see much in the Galway Independent.

Well, a woman lying on the ground in her underwear.....I fail to see how any other publication could feature any more pictures showing "more" :v:

I think some photoshopping is in order :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love the taste of humans.

• Advertisement

I love the taste of humans.

That really should say women, yeah?

Advertisement