Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to get a tattoo...

Options
  • 10-01-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

...of a celtic belt around my upper arm/bicep. Something about 50mm thick. I would like something unusual. Can anyone recommend somewhere online to view the designs I'm after.
    I'm from Co. Kildare, so where should I go to get it done?

Finally, what is a rough estimate of the cost of such a tattoo?

Thanks
    BTW this will be my first tat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Remember it's there for life. (or untill u have it surgicaly removed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

jay-me wrote:

I have put plenty of thought into this, it's not just a flash in the pan idea. I considered it when I was younger, but put it off till now. I'm 32 BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

jay-me wrote:

Can someone ban these people? Same with the Greenday thread, it's full of alot of unconstructive laugh at your tattoo crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

Ag marbh wrote:
    Can someone ban these people? Same with the Greenday thread, it's full of alot of unconstructive laugh at your tattoo crap.
    I havnt seen anyone laughing at anyone.....yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ag marbh wrote:

No, that was an unconstructive post. You seem to think people are incapable of making flash-in-the-pan choices to get tattoo's. It does happen though, quite regularly infact. It lead's to regret in later years and the added expenditure of laser removal or a coverup if need be. But of course, everybody has put a lot of thought into getting a tattoo and nobody needs more food for thought :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

So anyone have any suggestions for me. Any sites to view designs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Not sure about where to see designs online but if your willing to travel gavin in zulu does great celtic work. go to the ill show you mine thread and look at blub's work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Gav is on holidays for 2 months in South Africa, but there is an artist in his booth who does some good Celtic stuff, he is based in Ennis normally but is just filling in while Gav is away. Gav consulted with him when he was getting the flash together for my project.
    I haven't seen his work so this may be a bit premature but his portfolio should be worth a look and to be honest dont ever get tattooed until you have seen someones portfolio.

Ag Marbh: If you feel annoyed by a post, use the report post button, it helps us not have to read your whines and maybe your posts could be constructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

In relation to the question about good sites http://www.bmezine.com is good for looking at what you may want, wide variety of styles etc. if you arent a member though you can only look at i think up to 6pages before they ask you to join. Worth a look either way...and as always google image search is good ;)

Advertisement