Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back for 2005

Options
  • 10-01-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello

I'm expecting some tax back from last year.

I was wondering when I can expect it from the Revenue.
    Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

First of all have you called them to have them verify you are due tax back, they won't just send it out to you.

If they have told you how much you are due back it usually takes about a month, [RANT] unless of course you deal with some idiot who never submits the claim and then it can take forever and countless number of phone calls [/RANT]

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Don't you usually have to submit a p60 as well - and how soon this arrives depends on your own salaries people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

If ur an EE you will need to submitted your P60 to your local tax office requesting a P21 balancing statement, if you are enttitled to tax back then it will take up to 12 weeks as this is a very busy time of the year for the revenue.

If you have any expenses to claim, ie, college fees, service charges and doctor bills make sure to fill out the correct forms and include them with your P60 and request for the P21 balancing statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

kluivert wrote:
    if you are enttitled to tax back then it will take up to 12 weeks

:( Gutted, waiting on funds to pay my holiday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

It pays for my car insurance, last year i got the refunds in late April, unreal.

The delay is the process of the post, once they open your letter and have your details it takes three working days for the refund to get to you.

This is what the revenue told me last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

On the subject of taxback ... can you just ring them up and ask if you're due tax back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I called the tax office in the middle of last year about reclaiming tax and never had to submit any forms, it was all handled over the phone.

Advertisement