Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice

Options
  • 10-01-2006 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Does anyone here have any darts schedules or different methods of practicing. Im sh1t at the moment but want to get better, to maybe play on a team someday. I usually play at home unless im down a pub with a dart board where ill have a game with me mate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I gonna get this in before someone else suggests it...

Do not start playin from 6 or 7 feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Good advise ,and learn your finishes ,there's a right way and a wrong way for most of them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Trilla wrote:

Totally agree but the annoying thing for me is that my bedroom is tiny so I can only stand a max of seven feet away. very annoying because I know its different when playing in a pub.

I play around the board alot, try and hit shanghai on each number, practice finishing from different scores down, stuff like that. Obviously practicing your scoring is important. Playing against someone, even if they are rubbish is definitely the best way to go about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kingp35 wrote:
    Totally agree but the annoying thing for me is that my bedroom is tiny so I can only stand a max of seven feet away. very annoying because I know its different when playing in a pub.

Your at a slight disadvantage there alright! But theres a big difference between throwin from 7 as apposed to 6 feet. Never start off at 6, its totally different and hard to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Trilla wrote:

why's that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nuttzz wrote:
    why's that?

Because you will get to used to throwing the darts from that distance in that you will know exactly how hard to throw it or whatever to hit the treble twenty. Then you play from the proper distance its alot different.

IMO 7 ft is too short ,does more harm than good

Macker wrote:
    IMO 7 ft is too short ,does more harm than good

I know mate but not much I can abut it at the moment. Il have to think of a better place for my board.

I know mate but not much I can abut it at the moment. Il have to think of a better place for my board.
    That wasn't directed at you ,just for the OP's sake ,always better to mark out the proper 7' 9" 1/4

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

I don't know if it will help but I had my dart board in a small box room before. I put the board on the wall facing the door and threw from out on the landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Kingp35 wrote:
    Because you will get to used to throwing the darts from that distance in that you will know exactly how hard to throw it or whatever to hit the treble twenty. Then you play from the proper distance its alot different.

Ahh Gotcha, thanks, I love watching the darts in the lakeside but herself wont allow a board in the house :(

Nuttzz wrote:
    Ahh Gotcha, thanks, I love watching the darts in the lakeside but herself wont allow a board in the house :(

Get one of those foam circular things to go around the board, that way even if you miss the board the wall wont be damaged.

Advertisement