Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted Taylormade R7 Legal driver

• 10-01-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

There is no for sale forum for it so il lask here.

Basically looking for a Taylor Made R7 Quad edition.

Stiff shaft 9.5 degree preferably. Tool kit and headcover.

Club must be of good condition. And must be bloody legal =D

Ebay prices are selling them brand new for € so I offer €150 as of now with no viewing.

I also have a TaylorMade 540 and Titleist 975jvs if anyone is ineterested in swapping or anything.

Cheers.
    Dan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

yeah i got the R7 there before xmas second hand for 150€ from mcguirks up in leopardstown.

have to say its a beautiful driver, i have the 10.5degree model stiff shaft

afaik u have to buy the tool to adjust the weights seperately from the club the bloke in the shop was trying to charge me 40euro for the tool on its own.

id advise u to check out the pro shops cos they usually have a load of second hand clubs for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah but they usualy either badly scrathed, tool less or the same price as ebay.

200 brand new with toolkits and new weights with a choice of which shaft i want, i cant go wrong really.

So erm, delete this thread im buying off ebay =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Seeing as Doc has decided not to buy an r7 off anyone, I would like to offer 150 euro for an r7 driver. It must have the tools and weights and a stiff shaft

I can go to a max of 180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hehe ya bastard =P joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Doc did you manage to get one off ebay? If so at what price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

I know this is an old thread but didnt want to start a new one.

My days using my r7 quad ht appear to be coming to an end. Got the r7 last summer and while i havent been playing too regularly (starting to get out a bit more now thats its summer) the club is really fustrating me. Have had no consistancy with it, was out playing today and was able to hit straighter and longer with my 3 wood!

Basically im now looking for a new driver. I will be looking to either trade in or sell my r7 depending which i can get more for. Just need a small bit of help choosing a new one. I'm gonna try to get out to spawell sonetime soon, but just want to know what drivers to look out for;) I've read good things about the r7 460, i see callaway have a new one out(ft3 i think) If anyone knows a good driver they'd recommend please let me know.

Btw i'll consider offers for my r7, tho i need to sort out a new driver first.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

I bought a Ping G2 on ebay after testing similar drivers at the range. Its a really good driver. (No messin' with adjustable nuts 'n bolts).

Pay attention to the shaft. Flex & Length are ***very*** important.
    I was split between a Grafalloy Blue (Regular Flex) and an Aldila (Stiff flex) went with the latter in the end. I decided on 44" length, a full 1" shorter than my previous driver, resulting in a notable gain in accuracy for no loss in distance.

Have a look at www.golfdigest.com, they have a section on equipment, some really good reviews on various woods n irons, giving some advice on what to choose for your level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

I was having a browse around Golf Digest and see they have highlighted the Nike Sasquatch as the Editors choice, they also seem pretty impressed with the r7 460 and the new callaway's. Anyone playing the any of these? Not sure whether i'd be comfortable using the SQ, it seems huge......

Advertisement