Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading music on a PSP - help!

Options
  • 10-01-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Anybody able to help me copy some music to my young lad’s PSP. Now I usually am pretty handy in following instructions and using Windows etc on the PC but the PSP instructions have me stumped.

When I open the PSP in Windows Explorer I get a folder PSP (A) and file memstick.ind. When I open the PSP folder I have two folders “savedata” and “system”. On opening the folder “savedata” there are several (four) saved data files which I presume are the saves that my young lad has ‘saved’.

Reading the manual (RTFM comes to mind) it says I must create a new folder PSP on the memory stick duo. And then a subdirectory “music”. Tried doing this (creating the subolder) inside (A) above (as I believe that the first step creating a PSP folder is already done.) and it didn’t work. And I did copy an mp3 file into it. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Right so.

You shouldn't have to make the PSP folder yourself, it should already be there.
    In the "PSP" folder create the folder "MUSIC" and drag and drop.

Sony claims that it's not case sensitive but I had a problem with it, so make sure that it's all in capital letters.

Oh and sounds stupid but, make sure there's enough memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Thanks - will try that tomorrow evening. Yeah he only has the 32M card but we were only transferring one song on to try out the sound quality. BTW The music or MUSIC folder was not already there. I'll know if I still have probs in less than 24 hours! And more importantly an expectant young lad who thinks his da can do everything!!! thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Please will you learn to use the search function
    This is the fifth thread ive seen on this topic in the past two weeks

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Easy on the tard comment Garth_V and hansov please use the search function as your questions have already been covered before

Thanks everybody
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Sorry guys. Took a look around this forum, saw nothing mentioned but failed to use the search function. Yes indeed topic was covered a couple of times - in the Playstation forum. (Have learned a lesson - use the search function!) Mea culpa! Anyways thanks for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement