Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual accounts for a Residential Estate Management Company

Options
  • 10-01-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

I'm on the board of a apartment block management company.
    The company has now been handed over to us.
    We need to do up our books for this year.
    Our accounts appear to be very simple; we have about 4 or 5 lodgements comprising all the management fees and maybe a dozen cheques written in the year.
    As far as I can see no bills were due or owed at the end of the year.
    How much should it cost to get a bookkeeper to do up our accounts and for them to be audited.
    Accounts for FY 2004 have been done but I felt the fee charged was a bit high and would like to get good value for the members money. We need to do them for FT 2005.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

c €500 for all that as he has to check your books and look at the receipts / bank statements and he gotta go to your meeting has he not to nod and stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mailman wrote:
    I'm on the board of a apartment block management company.
    The company has now been handed over to us.
    We need to do up our books for this year.
    Our accounts appear to be very simple; we have about 4 or 5 lodgements comprising all the management fees and maybe a dozen cheques written in the year.
    As far as I can see no bills were due or owed at the end of the year.
    How much should it cost to get a bookkeeper to do up our accounts and for them to be audited.
    Accounts for FY 2004 have been done but I felt the fee charged was a bit high and would like to get good value for the members money. We need to do them for FT 2005.

PM me and I might be able to look after it for you.

My understanding is that if the management company was correctly set up, ie. a company limited by guarantee, the accounts can be abridged and a few hundred euros should do. If it's a company limited by profit, then the accounts have to be more comprehensive and they might charge a bit more. Either way, accounts do have to be filed with the companies office anually, just not sure if someone could figure out how to do it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement