Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of Donut/Cake type thing?

• 10-01-2006 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Was in Tesco Dundrum with my 2 young cousins (they're from Wexford) at the weekend where they bought a box of cake/donut things in the bakery section, Apparently these things are pretty popular in Canada (where my cousins spent a couple of months) but they weren't available in their local Tesco down in Wexford, alas.

Anyways, these donut things are scrumpcious. So basically:

They're spherical in shape, and come in plain or chocolate versions.

The pastry seems to be made of sugar (proper homemade stuff).

They are also filled with sugar.

And they're covered in.....erm....sugar.

My problem now is I couldn't see them in my local Tesco today. I seem to recall they were called Timpiks or Timpins or something like that. And they were pretty expensive > €4/5.

Any ideas people? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

They are called Timbits

I know many Statoil stations do them in Dublin so maybe you might have a bit of luck getting them in a Statoil in Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, im actually from Wicklow myself, but will definitely try Statoil nearby. Thanks a million, Gazza22. You're a star!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah their the "Tim Hortons" canadian brand they have here now for a while, you can get them in some spar's in dublin, they also have about 9 other types of donuts. ;)

http://www.timhortons.com/en/menu/menu_donuts.html

Actaully i recommend the "Crueller" *drool

CC

Advertisement