Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

Shabadu wrote:
    http://quorn.co.uk//cmpage.aspx?section=WhatIsQuorn

^ for the info

It is tasty! I have only used the mince and fake chicken bits incorporated into chillis and lasagnes etc.

Not terrible at all.

healthwise it is not good, particularly if you're male or a pre menopause woman.

you must understand the marketing side of it. exceedingly cheap and better for envoirn. NOT better for you though. its a billion pound industry. soya companies even fund massive research projects on it. weigh up the sci. and make an educated decision..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Eh, there's no soya in quorn. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Al Katraz

A trawl of the Quorn website shows that everything on it is vegetarian, but the products I have seen in Tesco in the last year have contained battery eggs. So I didn't buy them.

Here's what Wikipedia says:
    "Quorn has been criticised by organisations opposed to battery farming, because although it is marketed to vegetarians, some Quorn products contain battery egg, the use of which many vegetarians oppose. For this reason, the Vegetarian Society initially did not approve these products. However, since 2000, all of the Quorn products sold in Europe have been produced using free-range eggs. All Quorn products sold in the UK are now approved by the Vegetarian Society."

Full entry at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn

Has this now changed or are they still just saying "eggs" (ie, factory farmed/battery) and not "free range eggs"?

It's been a while since I checked, but it was definitely in the last three months and certainly a lot later than 2000.

Advertisement