Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Mikado returns...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think trekky , you need to relax. You seem all defensive and hyped up. what is up with that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭St_Crispin

Mr Rivers wrote:
    Oh, if they restrict membership then what of Leaving Cert students lookin for info on NUIM?

Then the poor little sods will have to make do with college literature, the nuim website, and their careers guidance. Or they could just read the forums and not have the ability to post.

I say ban every access to mikado from all comp sci and eeng labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yahorse wrote:
    why do you not think i havent been around longer than you on mikado? I hear people cringe when you approach.
    Stop insulting people or you will be banned.
    and read the charter.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

St_Crispin wrote:
    Then the poor little sods will have to make do with college literature, the nuim website, and their careers guidance. Or they could just read the forums and not have the ability to post.

I say ban every access to mikado from all comp sci and eeng labs.

So what, just let arts students use it? Thats a good idead.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Stop insulting people or you will be banned.
    and read the charter.
    cheers.

I think the NUI Maynooth Board needs a Room 101;)

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:
    So what, just let arts students use it? Thats a good idead.... :rolleyes:

Nope. CS students can use it from callan foyer, or the arts block. Just not from cs labs.

*expects to hear a rant about how this will impinge upon their human rights and will make Kofi cry*

It's not unusual for businesses to block out certain sites to encourage work. I know of many that do. I don't see why the cs dept should provode comps for recreational use.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Placebo wrote:
    i think trekky , you need to relax. You seem all defensive and hyped up. what is up with that ?

Me? Hyped up?

Takes a lot to do that, in fairness. :)

ClareBear wrote:
    I think the NUI Maynooth Board needs a Room 101;)

Dear god no! :eek:

Count me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

St_Crispin wrote:

Also, can't they use that board that was specifically set up for new students/students thinking of Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

St_Crispin wrote:
    Nope. CS students can use it from callan foyer, or the arts block. Just not from cs labs.

*expects to hear a rant about how this will impinge upon their human rights and will make Kofi cry*

It's not unusual for businesses to block out certain sites to encourage work. I know of many that do. I don't see why the cs dept should provode comps for recreational use.

and what about the rest of the college? they better than cs?

• Advertisement

joe316 wrote:
    and what about the rest of the college? they better than cs?

I don't know where you got that. I think that they should use the public access comps as well.

The comp sci dept built labs for education, not for recreation. So if you want to be annoying about it, cs students could be blocked from all boards except those specificly relating to their course. If they want to use it for chat they should go outside.
    Of course, if the labs are there for rec, you could let everyone else in.

Unlike the Public access computers the pcs in the labs aren't idiot proof....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

St_Crispin wrote:
    I don't know where you got that. I think that they should use the public access comps as well.

The comp sci dept built labs for education, not for recreation. So if you want to be annoying about it, cs students could be blocked from all boards except those specificly relating to their course. If they want to use it for chat they should go outside.
    Of course, if the labs are there for rec, you could let everyone else in.

why just cs though if thats your reasoning behind it, all pcs on campus should only be used for course/study related sites and everything else blocked. is the arts building not for education? wait a second your telling me the library isnt for education? those books are only there for show? theres pcs there surely they should be blocked too? you are just contradicting yourself.

seems like someone has a chip on their shoulder wit cs students, let me guess arts student? gonna find it hard to get a job when you finish? dunnes are hiring.....

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

joe316 wrote:
    ? dunnes are hiring.....
    lmao, hahahahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

joe316 wrote:
    why just cs though if thats your reasoning behind it, all pcs on campus should only be used for course/study related sites and everything else blocked. is the arts building not for education? wait a second your telling me the library isnt for education? those books are only there for show? theres pcs there surely they should be blocked too? you are just contradicting yourself.

seems like someone has a chip on their shoulder wit cs students, let me guess arts student? gonna find it hard to get a job when you finish? dunnes are hiring.....

pwnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

St_Crispin wrote:

Well the pacr's are busy at the best of times and you want to throw a load of cs and eng students into the mix? Whats the sense in that?

and the majority of cs computers sit unused alot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

bluewolf wrote:
    Hm, what's that line about arguing/insulting people over the internet...?

I think that in order to win an argument you have to call the other person a nazi, that usually works.

I think that in order to win an argument you have to call the other person a nazi, that usually works.

Oh yeah, you're not wrong there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Well the pacr's are busy at the best of times and you want to throw a load of cs and eng students into the mix? Whats the sense in that?

and the majority of cs computers sit unused alot of the time.

Exactly.
    It woudl make sense if all the computers were occupied and some people were using it for recreation.So in that case they should give up their seat if someone needed a machine to do college work.
    Other than that saying they should go to another computer area serves no purpose as it will increase the volume of people in those already small and competitive areas and leave the computer labs largely empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

I'm pretty sure Yahorse has been on Mikado longer than any of you youngsters here, bar one or two.

LOL LOL LOL

It's ok...I've never liked DoesNotCompute anyway.It's not that I dislike him though.He's just there.Like splinter in my mind.Driving me mad

Dude, you've been watching too much Matrix movies

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marco Polo

Also, can't they use that board that was specifically set up for new students/students thinking of Maynooth?

That was part of Mikado, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

shroomfox wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Yahorse has been on Mikado longer than any of you youngsters here, bar one or two.

LOL LOL LOL
    That gives his opinions and trollish posts extra strength...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    That gives his opinions and trollish posts extra strength...

Like tictacs

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Nope. It makes his arguments weaker.

Just clarifying a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Dude, you've been watching too much Matrix movies
    That sentence is an insult to the English language.

That sentence is an insult to the English language.

Excellent. That's what I was going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mach

St_Crispin wrote:

The comp sci dept built labs for education, not for recreation..

Well for some of us waht learn in there is recreation,why should we use the public access PCs, they have ,eff all on them MS office, IE exploer,eurora, you can't have any fun with them, also there also a CS PC when we need them, instead of some idiot watching a guy getting kick in the balls, when you nedd a PC

• Advertisement

Mach wrote:
    Well for some of us waht learn in there is recreation,why should we use the public access PCs, they have ,eff all on them MS office, IE exploer,eurora, you can't have any fun with them, also there also a CS PC when we need them, instead of some idiot watching a guy getting kick in the balls, when you nedd a PC

Return of the Mach

Advertisement