Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4gb Memory Cards for PSP

Options
  • 10-01-2006 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey there!
    Does anyone use a 4gb memory card on their PSP?
    Thinkin of gettin one, but does it work ok?
    Prices around 150e on Ebay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

are these the memory sticks or that big clunky hard drive that has something stupid written on it like max power or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cremo wrote:
    are these the memory sticks or that big clunky hard drive that has something stupid written on it like max power or something?

Seriously doubt it's a memory stick. Are the 1gb ones not around €70 on ebay? Can't see the 4gb being only €150. Are they even out yet? Even if they are they are very new.

**EDIT** yep it's the clip on jobby http://cgi.ebay.ie/PSP-4GB-Hard-Drive-Pro-Duo-Memory-Stick-Card-Twice-2gb_W0QQitemZ8249320629QQcategoryZ91513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem **EDIT**

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's what i was wondering cause if it was the memory stick one i'd buy one for me phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dr Kraw

Its seems like a non-brand hard drive attachment of 4gb and a battery!
    Is it reputable, coz its very cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

There's 4GB and 8GB Pro Duo cards coming out this year (no idea when exactly), according to:
    http://www.psp-vault.com/Article422.psp

I assume they'll have a firmware upgrade to support them.
    Could be handy for my SE K750i too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

BopNiblets wrote:
    There's 4GB and 8GB Pro Duo cards coming out this year

FYI

Sony Memory Stick Pro has a maximum capacity of 32GB

as for the Duo i haven't been able to find out yet......but so far any pro card can be got in Duo with the same capacity.

The 32GB will be out in 2007

32GBs Memory Stick Pros.... flash memory... solid-state
    No, I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense to me.

The largest memory card MS Pro duo, SD or otherwise I've heard of is the 4GB one (and now 8GB)!
    I don't see how they could compress 256 cells (32x8 gigabits each) into that small a footprint after a leap of just one year.
    So that begs the question, where did you hear about these 32GB cards? :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

BopNiblets wrote:

The largest memory card MS Pro duo, SD or otherwise I've heard of is the 4GB one (and now 8GB)!
    I don't see how they could compress 256 cells (32x8 gigabits each) into that small a footprint after a leap of just one year.

FYI 20 gig sd cards have been made but not on a consumer level, ridiculously overpriced, read something bout 6 months ago bout one being avail in japan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

BopNiblets wrote:

There are no 32GB memory stick pros available as of yet but when Sony announced the introduction of Memory Stick Pros, the said that it was technically possible to introduce a 32GB size over the next few years. It would be way to expensive to introduce this size now and you'll notice that memory sticks tend to double in size every now and then when the prices goes down. Beyond the 32GB - you can expect a newer format from Sony. 32GB is a big improvment over the 128MB limitation of the first generation for memory sticks from Sony.

Still not seeing any links to sources.

I know memory goes up every so often, but 32GBs on a 3cm by 2cm card would put render most HD based players the size of iPods etc. obsolete, and I think I would have heard about that if it was happening in 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I doubt 32GB will be available in 2007, possible 12 ro 16GB at max. They are only introducing 4GB and 8GB sticks in 2006. See Sony's announment for CES:

http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/accessories/4gb-8gb-memory-stick-pro-duo-coming-002622.php

In terms of a theoretically possible 32GB size, see for yourself from Sony:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press_Archive/200301/03-0110bE/

Ah, cool. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

My view on it is that 32gb is what the architecture will allow for, but shrinking things this small will be another story.

Advertisement