Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

word usage

Options
  • 11-01-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to tell what words are popular on boards.ie (excluding "the", "and", "it", etc.)?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

While were on it:
    Is there some way we can see the stats google makes for boards.ie, like we used to be able to see the webalizer ones. Do the webalizer ones still exist, or were they deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Victor wrote:
    Is there any way to tell what words are popular on boards.ie (excluding "the", "and", "it", etc.)?

Why exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It would be interesting from a linguistic pov. The place is quite the corpus!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

simu wrote:
    It would be interesting from a linguistic pov. The place is quite the corpus!
    Does your salient verbosity know no limit? :/

A caveat to all those who wish to ameliorate their own verbosity: befuddlement will be your bedfellow in colloquial discussion fora!

A pox on thee!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I bet the words sex, cyber, wanna are all up there along with their synonyms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

CuLT wrote:

A caveat to all those who wish to ameliorate their own verbosity: befuddlement will be your bedfellow in colloquial discussion fora!

A pox on thee!

Stop violating your thesauruses special place :v: , there are children around.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

CuLT wrote:

A pox on thee!

Eschew obfuscation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Stop violating your thesauruses special place :v: , there are children around.
    At twenty to two in the morning? Let him violate to his hearts content, the only children awake are the ones kept busy making runners in the factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Read my words -

Oh

Dear

God

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

BuffyBot wrote:
    I bet the words sex, cyber, wanna are all up there along with their synonyms.

and check out 'dis, dat, l8r, h8, etc'

well, not etc, but the rest of the words...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh, what was I drinking last night :v:

P'raps t'was Ambrosia ó_q.

Advertisement