Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing anyone?

Options
  • 11-01-2006 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey everyone, so is anyone in to surfing here??? i've only really surfed in france, spain and lahinch and i was wondering where are the best spots in ireland oh and where are the best nearby accompanying pubs ???? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭red vex

The best place ive been for surf is thenorth west.
    Bundoran has a few nice beaches and the Bridge bar is always a nice place for some food and drink afterwards.
    Aughris head has a nice sheltered bay and a nice small little pub beside it.
    Strandhill has nice surf and a few nice pubs around it.
    Easkey has some brilliant surf and theres a few surfer friendly pubs in it too

Theres lots and lots of fairly secluded surf spots in the area as well but i cant remember any that have pubs beside them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

red vex wrote:
    The best place ive been for surf is thenorth west.
    Bundoran has a few nice beaches and the Bridge bar is always a nice place for some food and drink afterwards.
    Aughris head has a nice sheltered bay and a nice small little pub beside it.
    Strandhill has nice surf and a few nice pubs around it.
    Easkey has some brilliant surf and theres a few surfer friendly pubs in it too

Theres lots and lots of fairly secluded surf spots in the area as well but i cant remember any that have pubs beside them

so true i'm from a place half way between budoran and strandhill. if ur lookin for gaurentted good surf and ur experinaced (it can be a bit rough and some rip currents) with good pubs standhill is where to go you can always bus it to bundoran, easky or where ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

If you're in the south-west, castlegregory is a great spot. miles and miles of beach, great atmosphere, and several breaks. watch out for the rip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eastcoastsurf

If that helps, I put together a website with wave report data and forecast info for the east coast of Ireland:

http://eastcoastsurf.tradcds.com

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eastcoastsurf

if that helps I put toghether a small site with live wind/wave report and forecast for the east coast of ireland.

http://eastcoastsurf.tradcds.com
    enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 glamourfish

definitely the point - bundoran & pampers. Tullen strand also has a good wave, depending on conditions. Then there's easky too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

if your looking for surf and craic head straight up to bundoran!
    tullan strand has a permanat wave, main beach is brill when its right and there is 'the peak' for daredevils! these three waves are all in bundoran! then youve got the bridge bar,the chasin bull and brennans for the craic, clubs like fusion and peppies and the dome! and there is the best adventure centre in ireland ! 'donegal adventure centre and surf school' and thats the spot for anything from hiring boards and suits to doing surf lessons ! and they do extra surf weekends every bank holiday inc. transport from dublin! or you could try a sesh on their ropes course or kayaking or cliff jumping ! and everyone is so nice! seriously once you are in bundoran once you will never want to leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ICHIGO

achill rules any where esle in ireland is like an ant to it. Great surf and pleanty of pubs. actually its not that great but theres some good pubs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Aill Na Searrach @ the Cliffs of Moher :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ICHIGO

i was at the cliffs of moher during a storm once deadly surf:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭imaleper

They give grief and no-respect...

Advertisement