Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV and P2P ?

• 11-01-2006 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

just set up adsl on pc + laptop today and have just discovered that i cant use torrents or any p2p programs <morpheus / emule>. When i load up the programs i lose all speed in the connection or something cos websites take minutes to load and i disconnect from irc.

Ive tried to forward the relevant ports <6881 - 6889> and a bunch of others and have set up a static ip so that they should work ... but still get nothing.

Anyone been able to get any p2p programs or torrents working ?

just switched over from ibb .. and i'd prefer not to go back but if i cant whore then whats the point :/. IBB was fast for me just gave me frequent ping spikes making games unplayable.

Any suggestions on what i could try would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Must be something in your setup - P2P on UTV works fine for me.

Be aware they enforce the caps - going over can soon cost you quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

Try lowering your upload speed. If this is set to high it will slow down your internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Murrough

problem isnt speed, when trying to connect to gnutella network on morpheus it wont connect and it makes my conn drop everything. Using azureus it takes about 10 mins to finish initializing and checking how many people are connected to it and the the torrents stay at 0kbps / 0kbps. Loading up azureus also causes it to drop all other traffic it seems.

Just wondering what router they gave you guys ?
    I got some bt voyager 205, which is a bit homo for p2p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

I'm with NTL, so no problems here! :D

Advertisement