Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem putting my films onto psp

• 11-01-2006 3:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

So i have my star wars revenge of the sith. I ow nthe copy so its legal, I rip it to my HD and the nget psp to convert it.

Basically there is one main movie file, os i get it to do it, and the thing never works.

I'm using psp video 9, is there any better programme out there or am i doing something wrong?

You know the way that a movie is split into a few files, what one should i copy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

when converting with psp video 9 u need to check which video type u are converting with..

the 2 options ar sp or avc...

if its avc macke sure u copy select avc folder when u are copying to the psp and the same goes for sp

the movie should be only in one file after conversion but there should be a .thm file also will be copied to the psp too...make sense????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

pspvideo9 is probably the best freeware program. Sony do a PSP Media Manager program for about $20.

The PSP can do everything automatically, once it's plugged in to your PC via USB (or the memory stick is in a card reader), tell the software it's drive letter (think it has a auto-finder too) and let it do it's work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have ti setup grand like.

But the star wars movie is in a vob 1 and then theres a seperate vob2 weighing in at 300mb.

I jsut copy the vob 1 but when its done and ready to transfer i get an error that causes the programme to close down, its seriously gay!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

did you use dvd decrypter to rip it to the hard drive?
    if yes use a program called Auto gk to use all the vob files and make one neat tidy divx that you can convert.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I used dvd decrypter to rip my one and it only gave me the one vob file which video 9 was perfectly happy to then convert for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

fair enough then, i stand corrected

no for me it gaves me like 6 different files or something.....crazy ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What are you using to rip the dvd in the first place? DVD Decrypter?

yeah i think so, i ripped it ages ago like, i have shrink and decrytper, i think it was decryter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sounds like you may have missed the option to turn off the file splitting. Have a look at this page, including helpfull screen shots as well:

http://www.pspforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11590&highlight=

• Advertisement

interesting im putting the star wars disc back in, but nothing is appearing on the decrypter screne, just tells me info on the dvd but doesnt allow me to rip, not with any of my dvds, u o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I ripped my anchorman DVD with DCD Decrypter but the thing is 3 gigs, no way that's fitting on my 1 gig card. What's there to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I've been ripping my dvd's to avi and then to converting them to mp4 (or whatever it is that the psp uses) ... mostly tv shows, each ds9 episode is coming in at just under 200 mb

Advertisement