Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sd ***spolier***

• 11-01-2006 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

We have a new champ.

wwe.com for the details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seriously
    WTF!!!!!!

good to see angle as champion, but on Smackdown!
    i am confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I checked this a few hours ago and I'm p*ssed off that the WWE announced this on their site.

Still, it's good to see Angle with the gold. Now let's have a change of plan and have Benoit win the Rumble and face Angle at 'Mania!

Unlikely but it would be a great match.

How the hell will they explain this though? Angle was a Raw draft pick and wasn't he set to face Michaels next week on Raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ok:confused: that sucks for batista :( well thats a twist.... but why annouce it on the website.... couldnt they just have left us watch it...... for the shock factor like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The main market is America. And America knows.

does this mean angle will be on both smackdown and raw???? if so then there gonna have two champs on raw, although i doupt angle can put the title on the line, while on raw..... what does this mean for the fued between angle and micheals???? they cant put it on hold until batista comes back, cant they???? this is all very confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dragan wrote:
    The main market is America. And America knows.

No, it only airs first in the US on Fridays, hence the name - Friday Night Smackdown. So it is actually a spoiler for those in the States as well.

I assume they are doing this to attract rating to a show many wouldnt bother watching otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

man nice as it is to see angle as champ it must be some kick in the balls,morale wise, for the SD roster. it's as if vince has just told everyone there that they're not champ material

gimmick wrote:
    No, it only airs first in the US on Fridays, hence the name - Friday Night Smackdown. So it is actually a spoiler for those in the States as well.

I assume they are doing this to attract rating to a show many wouldnt bother watching otherwise.

it's funny, yeah it's american show, but we get to see it before the americans do. we get to see at nine our time, the americans dont see it until 8 o clock thier time... soo were the ones who get to see it first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It makes sense even in the short term. With so many Smackdown guys getting injured there was and still is a huge imbalance in the rosters. It'll be interesting to see who he main events wrestlemania with.

There have been rumours that Angle wasn't happy with his character in WWE, particularly how he was made insult the US troops in Iraq.

I wonder if this is a reward of sorts for putting up with all of that...

• Advertisement

There have been rumours that Angle wasn't happy with his character in WWE, particularly how he was made insult the US troops in Iraq.

I wonder if this is a reward of sorts for putting up with all of that...

i wouldnt be surprized really. maybe now they can take him away from that whole story.

i certainly for one look forward to when batista comes back.... he'll be back, pissed off and gunning for the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its certainly an interesting development.

Is Angle now a heel or face?

What happens with his continued feud with HBK? Will he turn up on Raw with the belt on Monday?

Has a trade been made, and if so, who is the trade?

Will this have an effect on the Rumble?

I think we can all honestly say that this time last week, not a single one of us would have predicted what was on the way. Heres hoping WWE creative can continue to keep us entertained in such a manner for a while to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

gimmick wrote:

What happens with his continued feud with HBK? Will he turn up on Raw with the belt on Monday?

I think we can all honestly say that this time last week, not a single one of us would have predicted what was on the way. Heres hoping WWE creative can continue to keep us entertained in such a manner for a while to come.

I think the real important question we have to ask is what becomes of Daivairi? :p

gimmick wrote:

i think this maybe out of the creative team's hands. and u know what it's very refreshing :D heres hoping they wont screw up :rolleyes:

but should mention that angle's name is still on the raw roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Apperently the match with shawn on RAW next week is still going ahead, Is it possible that they're gonna have one champ for both brands?

b0bsquish wrote:
    Apperently the match with shawn on RAW next week is still going ahead, Is it possible that they're gonna have one champ for both brands?

they cant do that.... can they??? why would they want to do that???? triple h on smackdown and raw every week.... hey not a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I can really see 2006 as the year the brand extension comes to an end....

Smackdown is getting very Threadbare (People leaving/quitting/getting injured)

There are still rumours of a Saturday Night show for NBC in the states, which would possibly need both brands input....

Two Shows a week could cover everyone they have at the minute, they need not to be scared of cutting away some 'dead wood'....

gimmick wrote:

You can say that again. What would you have said this time last week if somebody said that in a week Edge would be WWE Champion and Angle would be World Champion?!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Must be a reward to having him the first to be knocked out in the elimination chamber :

Glad to see him as champ, although why did the have him pass out to the masterlock the same week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Yeah, this is great, what a week for the WWE, they really pulled this out of the bag, I was under the impression that Big Dave was gonna wrestle through his injury, guess not.
    I feel sorry for the guy tho, he's put so much work into that title, I hope he makes it back by WM and features in the main event.
    antifyre wrote:
    I can really see 2006 as the year the brand extension comes to an end....

Good point but I doubt it, if you look at the amount of actual wrestling matches that happen over the 2 hours of each show, it probably averages about 5. So it makes perfect sense to split the roster down the middle like they have, and i cant see that changin anytime soon. They'll probably just move some guys over from Raw (like Angle has) and with guys like finlay debuting soon their numbers wont be that depleated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Big Dave got injured and worked through it. Then last week he got injured again. Maybe in retrospect working through the origianl injury was a mistake.

Smackdowns contract is up soon on UPN so we shall see.

watching smackdown at the moment and it really sucks. poor batista :( saw a couple of ppl crying in that arena. and damn it what a speech

the animal batista will be unleashed again :D

Advertisement