Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 to become a "movie franchise"

• 11-01-2006 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

This might be old news:

http://digg.com/movies/digg

I don't think this will work at all. If it's to be real-time, like just 2 hours as in Nick of Time (not a great movie) then the plot is going to have to be very limited (think of how much actual plot they get in in 2 typical episodes of 24). If not (ie, it's still 24 hours of Jack's life, but compressed) then it's just going to be another spy vs spy movie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The plus point about putting 24 into a 2 hour timeframe is that they can keep a tight leash on the story. The story in season 4 was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

24 is kindof getting a bit crap these days... same thing over and over... and i heard season 5 is starting in may!!!

a film would be OTT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
    Airdate: January 15th, 2006
    Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
    Airdate: January 15th, 2006
    Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    According to what I've heard, it actually starts with a 2 hour show on the Sunday and another 2 hour show on the Monday. That's gonna mess up RTE2's scheduling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes but thats on FOX. RTE can, i assume, split those season openers into 1 hour eps if they want.

Have seen some ads on Sky, its startig there in February.
    corblimey wrote:
    I don't think this will work at all. If it's to be real-time, like just 2 hours as in Nick of Time (not a great movie) then the plot is going to have to be very limited (think of how much actual plot they get in in 2 typical episodes of 24).
    Or maybe they could do 12 2hr movies :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

corblimey wrote:
    According to what I've heard, it actually starts with a 2 hour show on the Sunday and another 2 hour show on the Monday. That's gonna mess up RTE2's scheduling :D
    Wouldn't be the first time they have cut two hour episodes and edited them into two one hour shows instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

When i thing franchise i think of the nightmare on elm street movies. Franchises are a bad thing but i guess its all about the money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

COuld they make 3 3hour movies.

If you realeased each one with in a month of each other it may keep people interested but keep the 24 real time format?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I guess they would have to follow the method set by, for example, Lord Of The Rings. 3 movies that stand alone (have a start middle and end), but have a few plots that run between all 3, so you sort of have to watch all 3 in order to get the full benefit.

Advertisement