Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet & Lucan Ballydowd Exchange

• 11-01-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Finally, since signing up with Magnet in November - they have finally unbundled the Lucan Ballydowd exchange.

Looking forward to nice package and speed in the next fortnight now. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Could you not get NTL? I was thinking about changing for the same as you but no sky 1 and I reckon NTL will soon upgrade speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I could but don't have NTL in the house (they took 18 months to put cable into the estate, which was 30 months after they had signed a contract for it !) . Have Sky already and don't want to change.

It works out slightly cheaper for me for Sky & Sports & Magnets Triple Play package and that is 4Mb so about the same as NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Hi V1llianous
    Whats the verdict on the magent service in Lucan ?
    Thanks
    P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I think they have got the problems ironed out in this exchange.

The internet is great constantly getting just over 4Mbps.

The phone can be a bit flaky - especially if you are uploading things while trying to use phone.

TV is ok - the programme guide is constantly out of sync. It doesn't pixelate as much as it used to. Watching matches is a bit weird due to speed of action it does usually pixelate. No teletext or subtitles available on TV.

Overall BB good - phone ok most of time, tv could be better.

Just done a speed test down 4.50 Mb / up 575kbps. A nice improvement would be a increased upload.

Just a word of warning re their customer support - they only work till 8 in the evening, you very rarely get through to a support agent and generally have to leave a message.

Advertisement