Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod nano without itunes

Options
  • 11-01-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Normally i wouldn't go near ipods but my buddy works for them and gets a discount. Question is do i have to use iTunes to organise my music ?
    I used itunes previously and thought it was rubbish.
    Or can i just copy and paste..Also am i limited by format types with an ipod...
    Thanks and sorry if it's been discussed before..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I'm nearly sure you'd get away with just pasting them onto the hard drive.Though the song names might be screwed up then when actually playing them on the iPod so iTunes is handy for that.
    You should be able to sync music to it with something like RealPlayer instead.
    Apple's own format aac used to be the default if you ripped a cd and then put it on the iPod.You can rip them as mp3 now as default and any other mp3's you ahve will go on fine as before.Not sure how wma woudl work if you're not using iTunes though cause that has a nice feature too that it recognises you've added a wma file and so converts it automatically to mp3 for you.
    If you've bought the wma from mycokemusic.com or whatever it's copyright protected and in that case it won't convert it for you.In that case you'd have to burn as audio cd and rip it back as mp3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Nope, you need to use itunes. You can paste songs onto the player but it wont pick them up and you will not be able to play them.

In order to copy music over for playing you must use itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mmmm bugger...thanks for the help and quick responses guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There are alternatives to iTunes for the iPod. Do a search on the forum, or on this forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=624

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't like iTunes. I use Media Monkey instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks TBM that looks perfect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Doesn't Winamp have an Ipod plugin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Check out www.ilounge.com Great resource for alternative ipod software . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You don't need Itunes. Use ephpod.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There are a number of alternatives to iTunes - a few of which are mentioned a couple of posts from the top in the FAQ Builder thread on the Portable Media Players forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

TmB wrote:
    I don't like iTunes. I use Media Monkey instead.

I use that aswell. Great little program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Does media monkey allow you to play wma's on your ipod? I know itunes or media monkey will convert them to mp3 for you but its not a good idea to convert from one format to another,loss of quality

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote:
    Doesn't Winamp have an Ipod plugin ?

indeed it does

Advertisement