Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chomsky

Options
  • 11-01-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

what are the chances of gettin to in to see him, cant really find any info about tickets on the ucd website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I also require ticket(s) to this/these event(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

what youve got to buy tickets?!thats ridiculous!all i know is its a series of three lectures he's giving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

There's no question of anyone buying tickets, the events lectures are free Philsoc/L&H sponcored and Philosophy Department event.

Your chances of getting into the Department talks are slim to nil unless you're a lecturer.

Tickets are not going to be issues (free tickets were going to be issued but there were problems with that).

thank god for the refresher week next week-i think panda will be joining l and h for the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

Hi guys,

http://www.ucd.ie/humansciences/news/news11-11-2005.html

I would suggest the O'Reilly Hall on the 17th as this is the largest arena. It is on a first come basis. Capacity is just over a thousand in the ORH.

p.

• Advertisement

will ya have to be an l+h or philsoc member to get in do ya think? Would really like to see him,dont think he'd be coming back to Ireland again. Appparently there was tickets to see him in the rds available before christmas but you had to put your name down ages in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

On the 17th a lot of the seats will be reserved for staff (afaik most of them will be) you won't need to be a philsoc/l&h member (cos it's nothing to do with us) but chances of getting in won't be great.

On the 17th a lot of the seats will be reserved for staff (afaik most of them will be) you won't need to be a philsoc/l&h member (cos it's nothing to do with us) but chances of getting in won't be great.

but where ther's a will there's a way.......i might hire out daram for the night to get me in from the underground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

On my understanding when I rang the Philosophy school today was that not that many seats were going to be reserved on the 17th. So I guess just make sure you are there early.

Panda -the RDS event is an amnesty intl one and I have heard that the RDS one is pretty much full.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The RDS one is sold out, Amnesty members got pr=iority but even then were not guarenteed a ticket, i still haven't heard from them so it's not looking very likely... crap, so see you in the queue outside O Rielly Hall on the 17th...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jackie g

hi guys,

i have a ticket for chomsky lecture - war on terror in rds next wednesday night. unfortunately i can't use it now as the date clashes with a damn work thing !! but i would be happy to put it the post today to the first person who wants it as i am anxious it would not go to waste. if you email your address to me, regards, jackie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Meeeeeeeeeee Pick me!! me!¬!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pm sent to Jackie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jackie g

hi,

had lots of emails - thanks, ticket is gone now, in the post. raging i will miss it but glad it's not going to waste. jackie

jackie g wrote:
    hi guys,

i have a ticket for chomsky lecture - war on terror in rds next wednesday night. unfortunately i can't use it now as the date clashes with a damn work thing !! but i would be happy to put it the post today to the first person who wants it as i am anxious it would not go to waste. if you email your address to me, regards, jackie

ahhh stupid boards hangover missed that one!!oh well if you snooze you lose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

thursday, the L, 7pm, first come first serve

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

FYI: All talks are now in O'Reilly Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Not just 3? so all the posters around UCD are wrong and the 2 in the RDS have been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

perhaps I should have been clearer. I know for definite tues, thurs and fri are in o'reilly hall, as far as I know wednesday is still in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

There's a webcast of tonight and and thursday here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement