Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank introduce free banking

Options
  • 11-01-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0111/ulster.html

Anyone out there with Ulster bank? What is their service like and more importantly do they have a decent online banking site?

They give cheap mortgages to customers, this could be what I've been waiting for....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I believe their online banking is a bit of a crock..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

BuffyBot wrote:
    I believe their online banking is a bit of a crock..

mild understatment, they had a lot of problems after their takeover so I pulled my account with them, got a BOI one instead that hasnt caused me a moments bother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

what about the Ufirst account... that i am stuck with since i'm on their tracker mortgage - anyone know if they're getting rid of fees for it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Have a UFirst account, online banking is grand. Only issue is you can only access banking from one unit unless you request it to be on another PC/Laptop. Can be an inconvenience, but makes it more secure.

and with it you get discounts at restaraunts and hotels if you choose to use them. Haven't done so myself yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Nermal wrote:
    what about the Ufirst account... that i am stuck with since i'm on their tracker mortgage - anyone know if they're getting rid of fees for it too?
    I'm in the same position. UFirst account, Tracker Mortgage. Thing is, you get a discount on your mortgage with UFirst. Mine worked out at around €15 per month. The fees for UFirst a/c are only €9 so by that logic I'm saving money. I'm sure the bank are winning and not me but I know I got a preferential rate on my mortgage which regular a/c holders don't get.

Also, been using online banking since for a long while now and never had a problem. Easy to use too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ixus wrote:
    Have a UFirst account, online banking is grand. Only issue is you can only access banking from one unit unless you request it to be on another PC/Laptop. Can be an inconvenience, but makes it more secure.

and with it you get discounts at restaraunts and hotels if you choose to use them. Haven't done so myself yet though.
    You can copy the security cert file that the online banking uses between PCs, or even have it on a few at the same time.

The system itself isn't too bad, it allows you to do anything that AIB lets you do (I compare it to AIB because I have AIB too).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

FYI, Ulster bank is owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland. One of the better things Uk banks going to Ireland will force in (Free Fees)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Cheers guys. So it looks to me like you only get the cheaper mortgage rates if you're a U First account holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

Gegerty wrote:
    Cheers guys. So it looks to me like you only get the cheaper mortgage rates if you're a U First account holder.

yep... was once sent a brochure asking me to upgrade to ufirst gold or something like that, the highlight of which would be the availability of a concierge service. come on guys, i'm with you cos i want cheap money, you really think i'm going to go for that :confused:

Advertisement