Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Contract Extension?

• 11-01-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering what other people's experiences are with UTV and contract renewals, i.e. contract is up and am looking to renew, phoned up UTV Admin say yeah you can renew and get the introductory offer €29.99 for 6 months and €39.99 after that (Clicksilver Plus), just email your request, you email in this and they come back saying no, you are stuck with your current €45 per month, I look at my online account and it says you can migrate for €39.99 (another 12 months etc)

So has anyone done this and what have they been charged?

Am I better to wait until €ircom increase their line speeds later this month and see what the competition makes UTV do?

Overall I am happy enough with UTV (I know I must be in the minority) and am reluctant to move due to downtime issues, and am also happy enough with "UTV Talk" phone package.

Thanks

Paulski

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UTV are eminently suitable for a person who needs a combination of

Low BB usage
    High voice call usage to landlines

Looks like you pay €39.99 to change from €45 a month to €29.99 x 3 and 9 x €39.99 thereafter = 12 months , you pay €39.99 to save €90 or so confirm that with UTV though !

On the other hand Eircom will introduce an always on 1mbit package at around €25 a month sometime soon and you can keep the UTV talk and rental going or else go on eircom talk and rental combined for €39.99 a month .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thats the first time I heard of anyone wanting to extend their UTV contract volunterily:D
    You'd be best to wait and see what comming up in terms of offers from others, possibly at the end of this month.
    BTW, if you switch to another Bitstream provider (BT, Eircom etc) there is no downtime.
    UTV are lagging behind the competition especially on price. BT 2mb BB incl. line rental will cost you €50 with a 24gb cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Sorry, correction to original post,

UTV introductory offer is €25.99 per month for 6 months then €39.99 after that.

Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I emigrated from 1meg to 2 there in september. If you do migrate you dont get any of the special offers so your straight in at €39.99 a month and if you want to leave them then you pay a disconnection fee which is something like €39.99 if you leave within 6 months and €29.99 after that. So the 12 month conract is gone, instead you just pay when you leave.

I emailed and asked to be upgraded. Tha was grand and the person who replied said I would be on the introductry off like what you were offered. But it didnt happen. So I emailed Carl (who you'll know from the newsgroup if you have it) and he checked it out and the offer was only for new customers and not for emigraters. So be careful and don't be surprised if you get landed with the full amount in your bill.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

paulski999 wrote:
    Sorry, correction to original post,

UTV introductory offer is €25.99 per month for 6 months then €39.99 after that.

Apologies

when you complete your initial 12 month contract you are generally on a rolling month's contract (unless someting has changed very recently) so why seek to extend the contract when it is not necessary.

There are changes pending so why not wait and see what UTV have to offer when the new products are announced?

By the way it is truly appalling customer service that the csrs still do not know who introductory offers apply to? You would think this would be a bread and butter issue at this stage? How many times a day (or even a week must they be asked this question?)

Where would UTV be without the ubiquitous Carl?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just an update, UTV admin emailed to say opphs they made a mistake and in fact I am entitled to the €39.99 rate. Guess I'll pay the €45 this month and see what happens towards end of month with speed increase and what offers come out... Thanks to all

Quote from UTV Admin...:rolleyes:
    Hi

Thansk for your email. I apologise for the delya in response.

I can confirm that yes, you can migrate to a 39.99 tariff through your
    online account.

Apologies for my earlier mistake.

Kind Regards
    Sales & Admin.
    UK 0845 2470000
    RoI 1890 926000

Support
    UK 0845 2470001
    RoI 1890 926111

Endquote

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

paulski999 wrote:
    Hi,

Just an update, UTV admin emailed to say opphs they made a mistake and in fact I am entitled to the €39.99 rate. Guess I'll pay the €45 this month and see what happens towards end of month with speed increase and what offers come out... Thanks to all

Quote from UTV Admin...:rolleyes:
    Hi

Thansk for your email. I apologise for the delya in response.

I can confirm that yes, you can migrate to a 39.99 tariff through your
    online account.

Apologies for my earlier mistake.

Kind Regards
    Sales & Admin.
    UK 0845 2470000
    RoI 1890 926000

Support
    UK 0845 2470001
    RoI 1890 926111

Endquote

UTV made a mistake? Shocking!!!!:rolleyes: Be careful! Certainly up to very recently anytime you migrated to a new contract UTV required you to commit to a further 12 months and often this was not made clear to the customer - 12 months is an eternity now in broadband so make sure of what exactly you are committing yourself to. Bear in mind too that new pricing is on the way and again previously UTV required existing customers to commit to new contrats to avail of the new pricing - they seem to think thats very clever stuff on their part for some strange reason:o

Again thanks for advice.

Paulski

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Keep an eye on your bills. I moved to Clicksilver Plus months ago, and was until last month being billed for going over the 8GB cap, when I should of course have been on the 16GB (woohoo...) cap.

Advertisement