Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero coming to Europe.

Options
  • 11-01-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

Just announced, Guitar Hero is coming to Europe on the PS2.

I watched all the videos on Gamespot and IGN last week, and it looks superb.

With this, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus coming out in the next 3 months, I think its time to turn over to the dark side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ohhhhh **** yeah! Can't wait for this, I was think of getting a NTSC PS2 for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Wow, that looks absolutely ****e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RotalicaV wrote:
    Wow, that looks absolutely ****e.

You'll regret it when you play it. Managed to miss out on this when I was in America because it was sold out absolutely everywhere. I'll be preordering this as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If anyone spots a preorder link (Play.com, Amazon etc.), can you post here? (After you've ordered it yourself, obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Played something like this in an arcade. Not like a real guitar at all ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah. Guitar Freaks in Dr. Quirkies. Spent alot of money on that game when I lived in Dublin, so thats why I'm so interested in Hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

Will they be releasing the 2 guitar pack aswell?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None in America or standalone guitars. The third party peripheral manufacturers will have something out no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Pah, here i was thinking it was a thread about Gitaroo Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ohhhhh **** yeah! Can't wait for this, I was think of getting a NTSC PS2 for this.

? you could'a just bought *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They had this set up in one of them large shops while I was in the States so I gave it a shot.

The guitar controller itself consists of four or five buttons on the fretboard, as well as a switch-like dongle on the pickboard which you have to strum with each played note. It works like most other music/rhythm titles; make sure the moving dots line up with your playing. It’s a little more complex than just a set of maracas though, feels very authentic to the real thing.

I played Sabbath's Iron Man against some kid, hadn't a clue what I was doing at first but once I got into it it was deadly, soloing like crazy!

Song inclusions are brilliant: I Wanna Be Sedated, Ziggy Stardust... Ace of Spades! Very cool.

So yup, looks like I’ll be picking this up. Helluva load of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

[Rock god mode]Aw yeeeeeeeeaaah!![/Rock god]
    Maybe I'll even finally learn how to play a guitar (of sorts :p )

One of the videos on IGN (see my links above) shows 2 feckin eejits playing it, so you can see what the guitar looks like it and how the controls work.

Advertisement