Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Eircom service bulletin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

CyberGhost wrote:
    It was disbelief :o

I already knew that eircom were going to increase only by a little, so doubling was not right.

The 1mb/s increase IS a doubling for probably most of their customers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I know, but he did not say HOME, so I assumed when he said speeds are doubling, and he meant all speeds, which is not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

netusage2sf.jpg

I hope they double the cap. If they do, I should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

mang87 wrote:

I hope they double the cap. If they do, I should be ok.

Bahahaha! And i thought i was bad. U iz fooked budday.

Bahahaha! And i thought i was bad. U iz fooked budday.

Oh really? what about this guy then? ;)
    WellyJ wrote:
    By ludicrous i mean 10 times the cap :D:D

Check This Out

or me

snag00005vg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

CyberGhost wrote:
    snag00005vg.jpg

You may hope they don't charge retroactively if they start; July there would cost you around 3000euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Slightly off topic but what the hell...

What day are we getting the upgrades again? is it the 20th or the 24th, I've heard both dates being mentioned.

20 through 21st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Slightly off topic but what the hell...

What day are we getting the upgrades again? is it the 20th or the 24th, I've heard both dates being mentioned.

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=16&E=0000000000008291898&K=5962&SXI=0&case=8778&branch=4
    Possible disruption to your broadband service
    one-
    We will be upgrading our broadband service between 22:00 on Friday 20th January 2006 and 18:00 on Saturday 21st January 2006.

As a broadband customer, you may experience a disruption to your broadband service during this timeframe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

kaizersoze wrote:

Yep I'd already seen that, but I thought I had heard somewhere that while the exchanges were being upgraded friday, the service wasn't going live until tuesday...must be making sh*t up in my head

Edit: Ah this is where I seen it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054869370

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭flashcash5

grimloch wrote:
    I reckon all we need is a few brave souls to take a hit for the team and go over it within the next few months.

I recall it being a fairly fierce price for going over the cap though, even if you only went over it by a gig.

Has anyone got any recent feedback on how strict eircom are enforcing their download caps? Would they be noting on the bill that you have gone say 1gig over for example? How much do they charge?

I see the screenshots you have above, where did you get these stats from?
    Are these from the Eircom page? If so, does anyone have a link please?
    Are similar statistics printed on your bill even if you have downloaded less than your limit?

Please and thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

flashcash5 wrote:
    Has anyone got any recent feedback on how strict eircom are enforcing their download caps? Would they be noting on the bill that you have gone say 1gig over for example? How much do they charge?

I see the screenshots you have above, where did you get these stats from?
    Are these from the Eircom page? If so, does anyone have a link please?
    Are similar statistics printed on your bill even if you have downloaded less than your limit?

Please and thanks
    Nothing definate about enforcing/charging.
    Check your stats here: http://dslstats.eircom.net
    In the "Your broadband stats" section enter your phone number & account number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Hmmm...

Another thing happening in the US - Carriers there are going to start charging for Quality of Service...

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=86495

By doing this the telcos could in theory protect revenues from VoIP operators....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭flashcash5

thanks kaizersoze.

If anyone knows to what extent similar statistics are displayed on each bill, i'd be interested to know. Whether or not they are under or over the limit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

crawler wrote:
    Hmmm...

Another thing happening in the US - Carriers there are going to start charging for Quality of Service...

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=86495

By doing this the telcos could in theory protect revenues from VoIP operators....

Then again, if you're a VoIP operator and paying an ISP a small sum of money allows you to sell the service reliably to a chunk of customers, then it might be worth doing. It's possible that some customers would also pay the ISP for prioritised latency sensitive traffic.

Advertisement