Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Toilet next to Kitchen

Options
  • 11-01-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

A Chairde,

Am building a downstairs toilet on my house, and have heard I will need to build a passageway to seperate it from kitchenette.

Do you know what distance needs to be between Kitchen / Toilet ??

Any other rules I need to know about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hey Celt2005

I'm not a builder, and I am sure the experts here will confirm your query, but I was of the opinion that there must be 2 doors between your kitchen and your loo.
    ( I am not sure if you have to have a passageway, maybe 2 doors back to back opening different directions would do thus saving on space)*

*all experts feel free to dispell this theory if it is indeed crap.

Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Thanks for the quick reply Chef,

Space would not be an issue, I will be building a passageway as I want to leave my kitchen window in, and further away the bathroom, the more light I will have in kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

The old building Bye Laws were there had to be a ventilated lobby between the kitchen and the bathroom, the window may qualify, of course permanent ventilation would also be on the priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Thanks Pete,

Slan / Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Neverends

Our builder told us recently that this regulation has recently been relaxed or removed so check it out before you build.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I heard this was changed. And any show houses you visit these days will always have some houses with a toilet next to the kitchen.

Advertisement