Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Game with Looping 3D Demo

Options
  • 11-01-2006 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I need a game that I can install and then loop a demo of. It's going onto a computer that I want to leave running with a good 3D demo to show off it's graphic's capabilities.
    Anyone have any idea? I don't mind too much what it might be, FPS, RPG, SIM etc etc, just so long as it looks reasonably good. It doesn't have to be a recent title either, perhaps even 2-3 years old.

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

3dmark05

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh the obvious choice Giblet- thanks, but I need a game to do the shizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

half life 2 & download lost coast, that has a bench mark thingy with it & so does counter stirke source, dont know if it can be looped though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

u can loop farcry on the start menu

Yeah I had that on one before, but it's not actual ingame footage, it's just the video from the menu screen, so it's a tad fuzzy. Thanks though.

I have Lomac on it at the moment, and it looks pretty nifty, but it's a few years old, so I'd prefer something a bit newer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

unreal engine is easy to work with. just read up a tutorial and loop what ever level takes your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Battfield2 lets you download demos of games you played online and then record camera movement to play again later - I've never tried it though.

Or even easier, why don't you just download the demos from the graphics card manufacturers? Whatever card you have, just d/l it's demo and it should show off all it's abilities.
    ATi Demos
    nVidia Demos

edit:
    Just remembered FarCry has a level near the end where there's a big battle going on. It was the only bit where my pc started to choke, so it should test yours. There are cheats that let you select god-mode and fly the camera around. You could just hover the camera over some area of action and watch. I think the battle is continous, but I didn't stick around to check.

Thanks guys, thats some good advice. I'll look into Unreal. I didn't realise ATI had Demo's, I knew nVidia had as I've used them in the past, but this time around it's an ATI card.

I didn't know that about Battlefield 2- I have that so I'll look into that option. Yeah I think I remember the battle your talking about with Farcry. Heh, just hope I don't have to play it through all the way again!!!

Advertisement