Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fist of the northstar on tonight bbc1

Options
  • 11-01-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

this film is on bbc1 tonight at 12.30 ,it gets good reviews ,made in 1995 ,if u like basic anime action films.Its worth setting the video to record it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

have to say it is one of my favourite films and as a martial arts film it's not to cheesy, former world kickboxer champion Gary Daniels puts up a good show as kentaro. suprised to see Malcolm Mcdowell and Chris Penn staring aswell, though they do fit the roles nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

It's unusual for BBC to show anime, particularly BBC 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

If only :(

I assume they were showing the live-action movie?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

"Made in 1995" clinches it as the live-action movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I used to watch the anime on the telly in Italy when I lived over there, great opening theme. :v:

I'm more fond of the arcade game though (the one where you wear boxing gloves and punch the pads as they light and spring up); that was pure wreckless fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Isn't the FOTNS live action film really, really bad?, I don't know myself as I haven't seen it but if it's anything like the anime I wouldn't say it's any good..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah crap missed it, what was it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

The live action version? Right. Of course. :D

Wow, I actually made it to 50 posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

I'm more fond of the arcade game though (the one where you wear boxing gloves and punch the pads as they light and spring up); that was pure wreckless fun.
    yeeeaaahh!!!! thats the best thing ever i loved that game using roah against kenshiro thats just brillant woooo!!!!!!!!

as for that film the other night i have it on dvd thats possible one of the worst film,s ever it really is **** the guys who made definaly didnt watch fist anime or the anime movie be4 makin this heap of ****

Advertisement