Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn'y pay my bill..eircom say im no longer a customer

• 11-01-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

As the title says i didn't pay my bill/forget etc. I've no problem with being cut off and fully expected it. But when i rang to pay by CC they said they have no such account for mu phone number:confused:

I then got throught to tech support and the guy said that either myself or another company authorised for the cancellation of my account. I nevewr went with another company and i certainly never cancelled it.
    He also said he thought that a bill outstanding like mine (2 bills:o ) were getting completely removed and would have to ''re apply'' for eircom BB.

Now i fully expected to be cut off and auctally expected it sooner but im a bit angry over the fact they dumped my account. I've been with them 5 years and this is the second time (first time was in the first year) ive missed payment in that time.

Does anyone know if this is common place in eircom practice now? I was told i would litreally have to reaapply for BB and it would take a few weeks.

I wont see your kind answers till tomorrow, thanks in advance.
    p.s. hope i've posted this in the right place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I recall just over some ten years ago when the small company I worked for didn't get billed or three years and then got a backdated whopper - £9000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

My experience of Eircom billing (not my own bills but those of third parties) has been that they didn't cut off customers immediately but instead allowed some time for the account to be put in order. When the amount becomes large or sufficiently overdue it then becomes a worthwhile candiate to pursue further. Have they completely changed their billing policies (and scrapped red bills)?

In any event I think your issue goes down as a general f*ck up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Presumably when you dont pay a bill for two months Eircom (or any other company) are entitled to do what they want. YOu have had a service and not paid for it so basically I cannot see you having any comeback.

The Eircom guy told you what he thought Eircom policy was what do you realistically expect Boards users to tell you that wil be of any comfort to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ericom bb or any of thier internet stuff in infact a seprate company anyone remember Indigo ?
    I would suggest ringing through to the BB section and talking to them.
    Once there is an out standing ammount on the bill the account will be there,
    I suggest you go pay it at the post office.

Thaedydal wrote:
    Ericom bb or any of thier internet stuff in infact a seprate company anyone remember Indigo ?
    I would suggest ringing through to the BB section and talking to them.
    Once there is an out standing ammount on the bill the account will be there,
    I suggest you go pay it at the post office.

The Eircom BB section will not answer any question to do with accounts - you will only be wasting your time. If you want to get bb again (with Eircom) the first step is to pay whatever you owe them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Thaedydal wrote:
    I do. Indigo is long dead though by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

either myself or another company authorised for the cancellation of my account. I nevewr went with another company and i certainly never cancelled it.

This happens all the time and its out of Eircoms control. Have any other company's been in contact with you lately? Newtel perhaps? Theres a number you can ring i can't think of it off the top of my head... 19880 or 189800. If ya ring that it tells you wat operator your using.

Normaly eircom give up to 4 months to pay the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

dub45 wrote:
    Presumably when you dont pay a bill for two months Eircom (or any other company) are entitled to do what they want. YOu have had a service and not paid for it so basically I cannot see you having any comeback.

The Eircom guy told you what he thought Eircom policy was what do you realistically expect Boards users to tell you that wil be of any comfort to you?
    Hey dub,
    the op is asking for anyone with similar experiences,not smart arsed responses...............he`s already explained that he was fully expecting to be cut off,but like most competent providers payment in full ,and recon fee should have you back up and running in no time,not informed that you have been completely removed from their database and need to re-apply for service,as though you were a new customer.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

dub45 wrote:

Twice in five years(late payments that is). As i've said i fullt expected to be cut and a recon fee to be paid. I just wasn't expecting to be dumped as a bad payer. And i just wondered did anyone else get dumped for this reason.

Thanks all for your replys. BTW the BBtech guy thought another company had applied for my cancellation on my behalf..he wasn't really sure. Anyway the bill is paid now so i'll see if i can get reconnected.

orla wrote:
    This happens all the time and its out of Eircoms control. Have any other company's been in contact with you lately? Newtel perhaps? Theres a number you can ring i can't think of it off the top of my head... 19880 or 189800. If ya ring that it tells you wat operator your using.

Normaly eircom give up to 4 months to pay the bill.

Thats what the tech support guy wreckoned. He asked me if i went with another company. But i haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thats what the tech support guy wreckoned. He asked me if i went with another company. But i haven't.
    If Eircom receive an application from another telco to transfer a customer from them, Eircom are obliged to (and do) contact the customer in writing and inform them of the pending transfer. This is to ensure that it is not been done without the customers permission. I have received the letter a couple of times with various transfers.
    Maybe in your case your account has been removed from the Eircom system and passed onto a debt collection agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Could it be that you're account was referred to a debt collection agency? They will usually get in touch shortly afterwards

Hey dub,
    the op is asking for anyone with similar experiences,not smart arsed responses...............he`s already explained that he was fully expecting to be cut off,but like most competent providers payment in full ,and recon fee should have you back up and running in no time,not informed that you have been completely removed from their database and need to re-apply for service,as though you were a new customer.:mad:

I was pointing out the way Companies now operate. Computers are cold - programmed to be unemotional - if account not paid then......- customer loyalty on the part of most companies is gone. I recently received a 'threatening' letter from Eircom in respect of 10 euros outstanding even though they owed me two and a half times that amount:)

Concern for customers? customer service? don't make me laugh:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It could have happened without your knowledge. It happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

dub45 wrote:
    I was pointing out the way Companies now operate. Computers are cold - programmed to be unemotional - if account not paid then......- customer loyalty on the part of most companies is gone. I recently received a 'threatening' letter from Eircom in respect of 10 euros outstanding even though they owed me two and a half times that amount:)

Concern for customers? customer service? don't make me laugh:rolleyes:

That`s fair enough,
    but like I said you would expect them to cut you off pending payment in full + re-con fee,hey-presto back surfin and make sure you don`t miss next months installment.
    For them to say you have been removed from their customer base and need to re-apply for service after 5yrs good credit is nothing short of shambolic:p

Totally agree there dub 45, As above post says i thought i'd i could pay the outstanding and a recon fee. Just a bit surprised to be removed. Lesson learned i suppose.

Thanks all for your replys and help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I know a guy with our company didn't pay his bills for an entire year and we still kept him. He was unemployed and paid it back when he got a job in two payments. Normally, we'd never cut off anyone for missing one or two bills. That's just silly. People miss bills all the time, payment details change, something comes up ect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I do. Indigo is long dead though by now.

when eircoms internet section fúcks up they can't just rebate your account
    you have to be sent a check and guess what it is an indigo check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Indigo still exist. I have no idea what they do now. Probably business connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭event

ok, i used to work in tech support in eircom broadband, but is the bill with eircom, ie 1901, or eircom net, ie the ISP?

• Advertisement

event wrote:
    ok, i used to work in tech support in eircom broadband, but is the bill with eircom, ie 1901, or eircom net, ie the ISP?

im pretty sure it's eircom 1901.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

paulm17781 wrote:
    Indigo still exist. I have no idea what they do now. Probably business connections.
    Interesting I though they kept the dialup servers still running so if anyone tried to use their old net disks to connect to the net they'd still work, but everything else I though had been shutup and absorbed by [strike]cthulhu[/strike] €ircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

What happens if you don't pay a bill of instance and move to another company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Same thing that happens when you drag up a 5 year old thread to ask something that should be blindingly obvious. You get in trouble.

Pay your bill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement