Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sli or not?

Options
  • 11-01-2006 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

I am in the middle of picking components fro my new rig and I dont know what to do, should I get two 6800GS or one 7800GTX. I just cant make a decision, can any of you guys give me a hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Im not 100% now but I believe that it would be better just to get the one card.

Preformance will be just as good (maybe better) and you still have the other slot free for another 7800Gtx in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Easy, get the single GTX -- best card there is, and will outperform SLI'd 6800 GS's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

yep..the 7800GTX is a miles better card..at least with just the one card you've less driver bugs to worry about..frankly unless you've a 30inch monitor or something close to this SLI/Crossfire is only a waste of time.

Advertisement