Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating your own Wordpress Template

Options
  • 11-01-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i'm contemplating adding Wordpress to a site i'm doing to act as a miniture CMS. How easy is it to create a template for Wordpress, i'm going to be intergrating it with a site that i have 60% done and so only really need to create a bare-bones template. Something that fills a single column.
    Has anybody had any experience of doing this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's fairly easy if you find one that looks sort of like how you want your to look :)

Just hack it until it looks right! Not too difficult. I've resurrected mine just as an example of a hacked up version of the default template. I ended up going with writing my own content management system in the end, but I guess it would have been easier in practice to devote time to making a template for Wordpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i've found one or two that would seem to do the job for me alright. Does anyone know if there is a wordpress template software out there to create your own blog from scratch. Something similar to the addon you can get for Dreamweaver that Mambo uses? That would be sweet! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh you lazy, lazy man :v:

Have a poke around wordpress.org , some poor sod has probably gone to the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

http://www.urbangiraffe.com/themes/guides has a good guide for making your own WP theme.

CuLT wrote:
    Oh you lazy, lazy man :v:
    :v:
    Hey if some smelly can-a-coke-drinkin nerdy programmin yank want's to help me out by creating addons for this kind lark i'm not going to get in his way!

Thanks maxheadroom, seems like the article i was looking for. now to copy and paste into word and have Microsoft Sam read it out to me!

• Advertisement

does anyone know if its possible to install wordpress in localhost. I've attemped to do it with IBServer but the index page came up blank after the install process.

Advertisement