Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Providers with short minimum contract terms

• 11-01-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38

Moving house shortly, and, after much searching (tried NTL, wireless providers, and LLU providers (Smart and Magnet)), have discovered I'll have to go with a regular Eircom phone line with broadband (thankfully, I'll at least have that!). However, I want to get a re-seller with a short minimum contract term so that I can change if/when an alternative (ideally LLU) becomes available.

Digiweb have a 6 month contract for their DSL package. Does anyone know of any shorter contracts ?
    Also, does anyone have any experience using broadband via Digiweb's DSL packages ? What are they like ?

thanks,

journeyman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

All the Eircom resellers (BT, UTV ect) have 6 month contracts ATM.
    Have a read of this post that details the new Eircom wholesale offers which kick in on the 1sh of February. The minimum contract is being reduced to 1 month.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054873577

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

journeyman wrote:
    Moving house shortly, and, after much searching (tried NTL, wireless providers, and LLU providers (Smart and Magnet)), have discovered I'll have to go with a regular Eircom phone line with broadband (thankfully, I'll at least have that!). However, I want to get a re-seller with a short minimum contract term so that I can change if/when an alternative (ideally LLU) becomes available.

Digiweb have a 6 month contract for their DSL package. Does anyone know of any shorter contracts ?
    Also, does anyone have any experience using broadband via Digiweb's DSL packages ? What are they like ?

thanks,

journeyman

yep, using the DSL2 package at the moment, works great. they had the modem out to me and i was surfing away within 4 days of ordering online.
    wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Unless I'm mistaken, BT Ireland has the best ADSL deal in town right now. The whole thing will change in a couple of weeks time, of course. Eircom wholesale controls the minimum contract period so all the resellers are the same in that respect (as far as I know).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blaster99 wrote:
    Unless I'm mistaken, BT Ireland has the best ADSL deal in town right now. The whole thing will change in a couple of weeks time, of course. Eircom wholesale controls the minimum contract period so all the resellers are the same in that respect (as far as I know).

Surely Smart have the best package in town right now if you are in the right exchange? And so far their customers bank accounts have not been rifled! Which is a risk you take with EsatBT. All bt applications should carry a Govt Wealth warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Blaster99 wrote:

yes you are mistaken - smart, digiweb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Really? Smart is cheap? The guy said he couldn't get Smart. Do you want me to quote prices in Sweden while we're at it, or should we stick with what's relevant to this thread?

BT ADSL is about €10 a month cheaper than Digiweb from what I can tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Blaster99 wrote:
    Really? Smart is cheap?
    Smart IS CHEAP !!!!! . Shame he can't get it.
    BT ADSL is about €10 a month cheaper than Digiweb from what I can tell.
    But Digiweb billing is accurate and therefore it may be cheaper and less hassle .

1 month min contracts are possible after the 1st of Feb, I would advise the OP to wait for product announcements over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sponge Bob wrote:

But Digiweb billing is accurate and therefore it may be cheaper and less hassle .

aswell as digiweb's cap being 40bg, compared with 24 from bt. i know bt don't enforce the caps at the moment, but you never know when they might start. the extra few quid is worth it imo to be without the hassle of esatBT's incompetence.
    based on the stories on here, esatBT are only surpassed by IBB in the "shambles of a company" stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 journeyman

Thanks for the replies.

It'll be tough to be in dial-up land, but nonetheless I'll sit tight until February, and see what happens.

journeyman

Advertisement