Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish wrestling Journal: New wrestling site

• 11-01-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

We at Irish Wrestling journal are very pleased to announce that Irish wrestling journal.com has been launched.
    It will be the definitive web site for all Irish wrestling news, and Irish wrestling related articles.
    Please feel free to e mail us at irish_wrestling_journal@yahoo.co.uk if you would like to send us feedback, or you would like to contribute.

Please follow this link to http://www.irishwrestlingjournal.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Thats a good ****ing site

And the erm, 3 and a half inch floppies lol

Cant blame ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

that site looks very unprofessional to say the least - unless some serious thought is put into it, no one is going to treat that site seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Ph3n0m wrote:
    that site looks very unprofessional to say the least - unless some serious thought is put into it, no one is going to treat that site seriously
    Agreed. It looks sh*t. More kids making crap sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Could be good with more written material as opposed to pasted material. The 2005 awards was a good read. Need more features like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I thought it was very well done. Yeah it's not perfect, but there's a good foundation and room for improvement there. Nice to see Irish wrestling covered from a fan's perspective and someone who seems to be completely unbiased. It's WAY too often that these kind of things get turned into personal agendas under the guise of something else. Keep up the good work dude.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote:
    I thought it was very well done. Yeah it's not perfect, but there's a good foundation and room for improvement there. Nice to see Irish wrestling covered from a fan's perspective and someone who seems to be completely unbiased. It's WAY too often that these kind of things get turned into personal agendas under the guise of something else. Keep up the good work dude.

Less of the disguising positive posts as back handed slaps towards me. Either compliment the guy or not but stop trying to be so ****ing smart about it, we don't need any of this crap kicking off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mr. IWJ

Could be good with more written material as opposed to pasted material. The 2005 awards was a good read. Need more features like it.

Thanks very much, we've got more articles coming this Sunday.

Less of the disguising positive posts as back handed slaps towards me. Either compliment the guy or not but stop trying to be so ****ing smart about it, we don't need any of this crap kicking off again.
    But how can you say the Dirt Sheet wasn't biased and keep a straight face?

But how can you say the Dirt Sheet wasn't biased and keep a straight face?

I didn't say that I wasn't biased, everyone who is Human is biased one way or another, if you watch the news you will be biased towards one opinion or another with every story that is presented to you, human nature. However, to say that I opened my site with "personal agendas under the guise of something else." is ridiculous. Fans of IwW seem to be trying to spin me out to be this guy who is unfairly targeting them which is not true at all, I do have problems with the man who promotes IwW but that doesn't mean I have problems with the promotion itself. I regularly watch Whiplash TV and am a fan of guys like Red Vinny and Vic Viper and do believe that at this moment in time IwW are the best Ireland has to offer from a consistency standpoint. I just think it is a gut reaction from most promotions to point someone out as biased when they recieve criticism, UCW also did the same when I gave them a bad review once.

If you look through my site you won't see any criticism of IwW without basis, I gave a review to Whiplash TV and gave my thoughts on what would improve the show, such as a different canvas and cutting out the special report segment and put up a few news items, my posts on forums are a different matter. In a forum I will express my opinions unedited and yes they will be biased, biased to me, there is no side like your own.

Mr. IWJ wrote:
    Thanks very much, we've got more articles coming this Sunday.

Good to hear, I look forward to it.

• Advertisement

Dude, as is the case with everyone else but yourself: I'm not talking about you or the Dirt Sheet.

Now back onto the Irish Wrestling Journal.

leggo wrote:
    Now back onto the Irish Wrestling Journal.

Okay - it looks like it was designed by a 10-yr old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

One Word Dreamweaver :p

Alright site for info none the less, Expect Jody Fliesch should have won comeback of the year unless you are keeping it strictly Irish but then again Blake Norton isn't irish afaik.

leggo wrote:
    Dude, as is the case with everyone else but yourself: I'm not talking about you or the Dirt Sheet.

Sure :rolleyes:

Dude, I don't know how else to put this so I'm just going to say it out:

Shut up. You're not important.

There.

Now back to some Irish Wrestling Journal discussion!!

Cannibal - the only people who know who you are, are people who laugh at you and your pathetic excuse for a wrestling site, that gets 14 hits per month and 1 post per week. Get over yourself - all you've ever done in this biz is have the worst debut match in Ireland, get pushed out of your own promotion by Blake Norton, and launch a website that nobody reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

LB, purely out of interest, since you refer to " this biz" and all, what have you done in wrestling?

LB, purely out of interest, since you refer to " this biz" and all, what have you done in wrestling?
    Nothing - but I, unlike Cannibal, have never claimed to be anything more than a paying fan.
    I don't call myself a journalist, a "fan relations commissioner" for CPW, a wrestler, and I'm not so up my own arse that I think every comment made about a crap wrestling website (like leggos comment) is about me.

So, I have done nothing - and neither have you, most likely - but I have never claimed to, is the point.

No I haven't, nor have I claimed to either. I was just curious. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Nothing - but I, unlike Cannibal, have never claimed to be anything more than a paying fan.
    I don't call myself a journalist, a "fan relations commissioner" for CPW, a wrestler, and I'm not so up my own arse that I think every comment made about a crap wrestling website (like leggos comment) is about me.

So, I have done nothing - and neither have you, most likely - but I have never claimed to, is the point.

I never called myself a journalist, to call me one would indeed be laughable. The Dirt Sheet is something I did because I didn't see anyone else doing it and it was something I wanted to see.

How many times have you heard me reference my previous role in CPW? About **** all is how many. You're the one who brought that one up.

A wrestler? Used to be, not recently. Now I'm more of a student and fan. I haven't exactly been claiming to wrestle Doug Williams and Christopher Daniels on tour every week have I? Just made reference to time spent with IwW and admitted to having probably the worst debut of any Irish wrestler to date.

Leggos comment was in my opinion aimed at me cause if you remember that topic that was deleted he expressed the opinion that I was biased and had my own personal agenda and was trying to come across as unbiased to disguise my real agenda which is pretty much why I took his above post as a shot at me especially considering that this guys site is very similar to mine.
    Cannibal - the only people who know who you are, are people who laugh at you and your pathetic excuse for a wrestling site, that gets 14 hits per month and 1 post per week. Get over yourself - all you've ever done in this biz is have the worst debut match in Ireland, get pushed out of your own promotion by Blake Norton, and launch a website that nobody reads. .

I don't give a **** about the site, I haven't updated it in 2 months, the only reason it still gets talked about is because people use it to take a shot at me when I get into a debate with them like now. If I was still worried about what people thought of the site I'd update it and actually make an effort.

And as for the rest, Celtic Pro was never my promotion, I just assisted in the launching of it. It was always Blake Nortons promotion, he bought the ring, got the premises, insurance, ran the school, etc. I at no time had any money invested. I just wanted somewhere else to train since there was no way I was going back to IwW and I don't know why but I was undecided on NWA at the time.

was always Blake Nortons promotion, he bought the ring, got the premises, insurance,

Insurance? It's a known fact they don't have any, which is why their first premises fell through, and they ended up in a 15ft residential garage with a low ceiling.

Insurance? It's a known fact they don't have any, which is why their first premises fell through, and they ended up in a 15ft residential garage with a low ceiling.

Argue against it if you want but I know for a fact that they insure their school and their shows. You really think they are dumb enough to run without insurance?

You really think they are dumb enough to run without insurance?

I know they are. My mates Dad owns the building they tried to rent in Tallaght.

So your are trying to say that a promotion has run a school for 9 months with no insurance, in this time they have not had one person claim against them or one person report them for doing something of this nature without insurance. On top of this the said promotion have run 4 shows with a 5th one planned all without insurance.

A promotion/school without insurance wouldn't last 5 minutes let alone 9 months. Why would someone invest thousands in a business and throw his money away on something like not getting insurance?

From the official Celtic Pro website:

"Student sign-ups are e45 for the initial registration and insurance. Students who have previously paid a sign-up fee to train at any recognized wrestling school anywhere in the world will have their rate cut to e25 as part of our "no double-jeopardy" policy."

Unless you are accusing Norton of frauding people out of money, that sums up the official Celtic Pro stance.

So your are trying to say that a promotion has run a school for 9 months with no insurance, in this time they have not had one person claim against them or one person report them for doing something of this nature without insurance. On top of this the said promotion have run 4 shows with a 5th one planned all without insurance.

A promotion/school without insurance wouldn't last 5 minutes let alone 9 months. Why would someone invest thousands in a business and throw his money away on something like not getting insurance?

From the official Celtic Pro website:

"Student sign-ups are e45 for the initial registration and insurance. Students who have previously paid a sign-up fee to train at any recognized wrestling school anywhere in the world will have their rate cut to e25 as part of our "no double-jeopardy" policy."

Unless you are accusing Norton of frauding people out of money, that sums up the official Celtic Pro stance.
    Who does he have his policy with? Just name the company - you should know, since you helped set it up.
    Otherwise, yes - he's lying.

So if he has insurance, why did the original premises fall through? My mates Dad say he coudln't produce an insurance cert, so it didn't go ahead. Didn't Norton make a press release saying the whole industrial estate was being sold? How come that hasn't happened yet?

As I said, I had no involvement in the insurance end so I wouldn't know, I'm just working off of logic.

As for the place in Tallaght, it is entirely possible that he didn't have insurance in place at the time he went for the premises but did get it before he started the training. CPW wouldn't be here if it didn't have insurance of some sort.

As for the sale of the industrial estate, dumb press release like the one where he kinda took credit for the Red Vinny WWE try out. Sometimes a lie is to save embarassment rather than to cover anything up, wouldn't be the first time a promotion has lied to the public.

Numbers 40-36 are now up of IWJ's list of the 40 Top wrestlers in Ireland today. Please follow this link to check it out http://www.irishwrestlingjournal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I like the idea of having a top 40 wrestlers countdown, but seening as it will take 8 weeks to get to the top five, are you not worried that the rankings may seem a little out of date by then? I mean a lot can happen in a few shows that could see a wrestlers standings change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

How about we get this back on topic.

No arguments from me about the top40 yet but if probably will be from those guys in the posts before especially if their not in it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I think Mr. Cannibal doesn't quite understand the concept of "Insurance". Let me put this to you, it may help clear an issue or two.

A few months back, I was stopped at a routine check point by a Garda, who asked me if I had my car insured. I said I did, to which she said fine and to drive on. No checking my disc to see if I had or not, no asking me for my insurer or broker, she just took my word for it. Now, as it happens I do have insurance but if I hadn't, she was none the wiser for it.

Now, what if I had have been involved in an accident? Knocked you over, got rearended, had my windscreen shattered? If I said I was covered, does that mean I am? All it takes is for one claim to throw a banana under the whole operation, nay all Irish Wrestling promotions. Insurance is "What if money", indeed you can say it is wasted unless you have a claim againt you.

As a point of reference, it is NOT illegal for one to run a wrestling school without insurance in Ireland; I am quite sure that Mr. Norton and CPW well understands the implications of running without insurance even if we don't fully grasp the risks from same.

Hamndegger wrote:
    As a point of reference, it is NOT illegal for one to run a wrestling school without insurance in Ireland; I am quite sure that Mr. Norton and CPW well understands the implications of running without insurance even if we don't fully grasp the risks from same.

Exactly - and only certain bigger venues and proper commercial premises will ask for proof - which is why CPW have been limited to a crappy garage and a GAA club (nothing wrong with running GAA clubs - iww and nwa do it too, but anywhere bigger will ask for a copy of the policy).
    In short - CPW are SAYING they have insurance, but I bet they don't.
    Just because Cannibal says "they'd be crazy to run without insurance" and "CPW wouldn't be here if it didn't have insurance of some sort" isn't any kind of proof. The fact is, they WOULD still be here without insurance because there is nobody which requires to see proof, except that commercial premises in Tallaght who's solicitor advised the landlord not to proceed unless CPW could produce a policy document - then they blatantly lied about the reason why it fell through. But Cannibal seems to think it's okay for CPW to lie publically because "everyone else does it" - yes, your mother must be proud of the morals she instilled in you!

Hamndegger wrote:
    I think Mr. Cannibal doesn't quite understand the concept of "Insurance". Let me put this to you, it may help clear an issue or two.

A few months back, I was stopped at a routine check point by a Garda, who asked me if I had my car insured. I said I did, to which she said fine and to drive on. No checking my disc to see if I had or not, no asking me for my insurer or broker, she just took my word for it. Now, as it happens I do have insurance but if I hadn't, she was none the wiser for it.

Now, what if I had have been involved in an accident? Knocked you over, got rearended, had my windscreen shattered? If I said I was covered, does that mean I am? All it takes is for one claim to throw a banana under the whole operation, nay all Irish Wrestling promotions. Insurance is "What if money", indeed you can say it is wasted unless you have a claim againt you.

I'm not even going to argue this with you as you work for IwW and your stance is always going to be opposed to any Blake Norton project. The only reason I even argued it intially is that everyone seems to put the man down at every opportunity. If you believe he is frauding his students out of false insurance money and handing them false documents then you are entitled to that stance even if I disagree with it.

Anyway, back on topic. I look forward to the rest of the top 40, good reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Lump, a small point of order, any half decent premises will ask any new business or activity for proof of cover but I agree with the spirit of your post.

Back to Mr. Cannibal... I actually think one of your points in your last post, say it all best when you say that "I work with IWW". You don't work with CPW, or NWA or IWW or UPW so on the rather important issue of insurances and indemnitys of wrestling schools (Or indeed most of their day to day runnings), please do not make assumptions that anyone has or has not got cover and either put it over as fact or knowledge, unless you know 100% that to be the case.

As it stands, you are casting shadows over ALL Irish Wrestling promotions and making us all look like Jackasses. The only promotion I can speak of with some degree of correct knowledge is IWW and for the record, yes it does have insurance cover but given IWW's ability to get so much of what it does right, it does go without saying that IWW would have same. I don't think I mentioned anything about anyone not having insurance, Mr. Cannibal, I just assume that CPW would know the implications of not having insurance, that's all and I am sure that they would have their own cover. If they don't, that would be highly irresponsible, but the same goes for any sports club regardless of activity. Perhaps one of their reps can post here some clarification as to their cover and extent of same, core covers, indemnity and demnity clauses, excesses, etc rather than leave it to idle gossip as is the case here.

Now back to the new site, I would love to see the whole top 40 at one go, if only to see a better state of who's who from their perspective.

If I was casting a shadow over CPW I'd say they don't have insurance, instead I'm actually arguing in favour of them and I wasn't the one who started the arguement of insurance, Lump Basher picked up a small point in one of my posts and ran with it and you know well that Celtic Pro won't post their insurance details as I know IwW would never reveal their details just because of some board speculation. I'm trying to back down from this arguement because as you said it is mostly speculative and there is no satisfactory answer for either side without a physical document of proof, however if people keep adressing posts to me my mind will demand I respond because it is my nature, I don't like leaving loose ends or open questions. So can we consider the matter closed.

• Advertisement

Fall_Guy wrote:
    I like the idea of having a top 40 wrestlers countdown, but seening as it will take 8 weeks to get to the top five, are you not worried that the rankings may seem a little out of date by then? I mean a lot can happen in a few shows that could see a wrestlers standings change.

Valid point. Numbers 35-31 will be up this Wednesday.

Also, the IWJ forum has just been launched. http://s15.invisionfree.com/IWJ/index.php?

Mr. IWJ wrote:
    Valid point. Numbers 35-31 will be up this Wednesday.

Also, the IWJ forum has just been launched. http://s15.invisionfree.com/IWJ/index.php?
    Eh, hello? The link to "The Top 40 Wrestlers In Ireland Today" just links to an empty forum. Are you retarded? And how can peope be complimenting him on the rankings, when it doesn't exist?

The forum requires you to register to view its content. The top 40 was there before but he's obviously made a mistake with links, no need to be calling him a retard over it.

Thanks for the heads up lads, link now fixed.

The forum requires you to register to view its content. The top 40 was there before but he's obviously made a mistake with links, no need to be calling him a retard over it.
    I guess you know how it feels to have a sh*t site, so you can obviously relate to the guy. Boo hoo.
    He needs to sort his sh*t out if he expects people to keep visiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Jesus Christ, what's with the attitude problem, Lump_Basher? Anyone who takes the time effort to set up a website to try and promote Irish wrestling deserves to be put down for it?

Give the lad a chance, it seems its already been esablished in this thread that you've never contributed anything to the Irish wrestling scene but that doesn't mean you should hold it against other people who are trying to give an alternative news source and viewpoint than those from the promotions themselves.

I for one hope the site is a success, if only so you'll look like a bigger prick than you already do for getting on the lad's back for no reason and slagging off the site!

Fall_Guy wrote:
    Jesus Christ, what's with the attitude problem, Lump_Basher? Anyone who takes the time effort to set up a website to try and promote Irish wrestling deserves to be put down for it?

Give the lad a chance, it seems its already been esablished in this thread that you've never contributed anything to the Irish wrestling scene but that doesn't mean you should hold it against other people who are trying to give an alternative news source and viewpoint than those from the promotions themselves.

I for one hope the site is a success, if only so you'll look like a bigger prick than you already do for getting on the lad's back for no reason and slagging off the site!
    I also hope it's a success, but he needs to get his sh*t together - that's all I said. First impressions last, and when he claimed to have a list of top irish wrestlers, i went to have a look, and it didn't exist - not a good start IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ From the posts I have seen of your Lump, you like nothing, or no-one, unless you are giving out about someone/something. You seem all hung up on The Cannibals debut, about Lita Forevers collection etc. Have you anything original, or what? Never has the ignore user feature been so needed.

gimmick wrote:
    ^ From the posts I have seen of your Lump, you like nothing, or no-one, unless you are giving out about someone/something. You seem all hung up on The Cannibals debut, about Lita Forevers collection etc. Have you anything original, or what? Never has the ignore user feature been so needed.
    Gnu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Lump Basher has been banned.

And nothing a value was lost.

Numbers 35-31 of the top 40 wrestlers in Ireland today are now up, with numbers 30-26 coming this Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Numbers 30-26 now up. Check them out and let us know what you think.

Numbers 25-21 now up also.

Well, I'm in the middle of compiling a chart of the top 20 greatest matches in Irish wrestling history, and I seek your opinions!

Got a favortie match/matches that you want to see included? Just E mail/PM me and let us know your choice, and briefly state what went down.

(Note: Match selection can be any bout that was held on Irish soil, from IWW to WWE. Selection will be based on match quality, heat and attendance).

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement