Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 medals

Options
  • 12-01-2006 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I've just started playing in the last few days. I love it. However I was wondering if there was a site that mentioned exactly what you need to do to get medals/awards. I've tried googling but to no avail.

Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

www.bf2s.com - put in ur in-game name and it gives u ur stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭St_Crispin

I found it on the wiki on that site.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/awards

My god, you you have to do a feck load to get some of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

St_Crispin wrote:
    My god, you you have to do a feck load to get some of those.
    Your damn right about that, i still havent got the explosives badge. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'm finding the 10 mins in an AA turret or vehicle tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Go commander & sit on AA on carrier on Oman or Delalian. Can usually get it then for the AA. Vet badges gonna be annoyin to get. Amount of time overall gotta be on them. Like 15 hours or sumfin, 15 hours for ground defence, not sure AA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i got my expert sepcial ops badge on tuesday night, im within 1 round of getting one of my last 3 ribbons and a medal.

ATM im trying to get all my veteran badges, vehicle ones are hard i still need over 40 hours in the air just for aviator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I hear to get the avaitor badge all ya have to do is fly a plane up as high as ya can and bail out and parachute right away. Havent tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Thats the parachutin ribbon :P cant remember what call it. Basically need 20 seconds on a parachute in a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Knife badge all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Badges and medals are for stat whores tbh.

Omg i got a shiny ribbon i am teh l337.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Knife badge is way too hard most kills I seem to be able to get is 3 or 4 a round. Is that server still up where it was pistols and knifes only. Anyone got any tips on how to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Like Rope , I actually really enjoy this game for what it is . I play whatever class is needed , whenever it is needed . Sometimes , when I am a bit bored on a map and see an opportunity coming my way for one of the medals or ribbons then , yep , I will try for it . Or if I see that I am particularly close to one then I will be aware of it , but it doesn't rule how I play .

Having said all that , it does tend to make you a better player , because you have to experience the different classes , so , when needed , you can spawn back as whatever is needed . Medic is one I never took to and then one night the other guys were going on about it on TS so I gave it a go , now if needed I know I can do that job , plus , it got me back to using the M16 again .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

d22ontour wrote:
    Badges and medals are for stat whores tbh.

Omg i got a shiny ribbon i am teh l337.

Not when they stop you ranking up, in the later ranks.

Omg i got a shiny new Gun i am teh l337, perhaps would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

all my badges/medals/ribbons have been achieved by playing the game. the only one i really set out to get was the basic support badge as i had 1 hour of play time on that class all i needed was time.

atm i have close to 60 hours in the air and need 40 more for aviator medal/veteran. but thats another i will get by just playing the game.

Ive canceled my city of villains subscription so expect my scoe to start shooting up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Personally I feel that the whole stats thing is ruining the game. People are on servers now attempting to get whatever kills via what ever method they are chasing at the time.

Its crap and is ruining games left right and centre. A lot of ranked server operators are realising this and are starting to run servers unranked with larger tickets etc to make the game more interesting.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I am at work at the mo, friend is playing my account as we speak and he just txt me to say he got me a purple heart, sickened!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I never let anybody use my account in BF2 cos it ruins
    your accuracy and K-D Ratio.

I look at a persons accuracy as an indication of skill
    not medals or points.

The stats may affect the game but the stats also mean
    that much more people play the game as there is a
    constant sense of achievement for the hours that you
    put into the game.

Shiny wrote:
    I never let anybody use my account in BF2 cos it ruins
    your accuracy and K-D Ratio.

I look at a persons accuracy as an indication of skill
    not medals or points.

The stats may affect the game but the stats also mean
    that much more people play the game as there is a
    constant sense of achievement for the hours that you
    put into the game.

Oh I was pissed but as he's a good mate I had to just relax before I sent him a txt back that looked like "What the **** were you thinking?? A ****ing purple heart, you useless ****er I am going to a** rape you when I get home you C**T!!!!!!!" so instead I sent one that looked like "Its ok its only a game, if I join a clan i'll have to start again anyway :o"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Vegeta wrote:
    "What the **** were you thinking?? A ****ing purple heart, you useless ****er I am going to a** rape you when I get home you C**T!!!!!!!"

lol

I dont even know how he did that. Berns said that he tried to get
    it by constantly dying and even he couldn't get anywhere near the
    ratio.

He wanted to use my account cos I had just got the first unlock and he wanted to play as the medic. He was playing a city map only server so deaths can be quite high on those. probably concentrated more on healing ppl than killing them.

I was thinking of joining a clan anyway so it aint the end of the world, that's if any clan would have my sorry ass.

I do remember going yeah, 10 pistol kills in one round I can do that, after being killed 5 times in a row I promptly gave up and decided that trying to get the badges was not the way to play the game but to stick with the squad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement