Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick thesis question

Options
  • 12-01-2006 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

In my methodology chapter I am writing about the guides and books i used to help me identify certain invertebrates. Should i reference them fuly ie. the HAvard way, or should i just mention the name and year?

Or should i not actually mention them at all?

See attachment.

Also is the the thesis centre camden st. the only place to get athesis bound? Seems a bit of a rip-off 38 euro per thesis!

Thanks people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'd say Harvard, or which ever method your college uses. The Thesis can be bound in any decent stationary shop I imagine.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Also is the the thesis centre camden st. the only place to get athesis bound?
    Reads on Nassau St offer a service as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

In my methodology chapter I am writing about the guides and books i used to help me identify certain invertebrates. Should i reference them fuly ie. the HAvard way, or should i just mention the name and year?

Or should i not actually mention them at all?

See attachment.

Also is the the thesis centre camden st. the only place to get athesis bound? Seems a bit of a rip-off 38 euro per thesis!

Thanks people!

In the Methodology chapter you can mention them and reference them Harvard style in your bibliography.

There is a place on Pearse Street that was the cheapest back in the day I had to a thesis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Elley wrote:
    In the Methodology chapter you can mention them and reference them Harvard style in your bibliography.
    There is a place on Pearse Street that was the cheapest back in the day I had to a thesis!

Thats exactly what i wanted to know. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Rip-off it is....I dont know how long your document is, but I recently had the Health & safety act (whatever is most recent) bound for 6euro. This was a not insignificant amount of paper.

It was done in Snap printing (in waterford) but anywhere similar should charge similar prices. I certainly wouldnt pay more a 10eur for getting something bound (presumeably ring bound).

Try secretarial services in your college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

bp_me wrote:
    I certainly wouldnt pay more a 10eur for getting something bound (presumeably ring bound).

If it's a thesis it's certainly not ring bound - and 40 odd euro sounds reasonable enough, given what people in my office are paying for PhD theses.

Advertisement