Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR on PSP

• 12-01-2006 6:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

Whats the Infrared on the PSP for??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing at the moment. Don't know what the hell it's there for but maybe it will get some use in a future firmware update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's homebrew software out there to use the PSP as a tv remote via the IR port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

maby the ps3 will have an ir port on it and you can use the psp as a remote for dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i got an email ages ago about a psp survey and i think it gave a few hints in the "Do you think the following would be good on a psp" type questions

Someone mentioned using it as IR to mobile phones and using a phones data ports also, kinda like a pda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Sparky-s wrote:
    i got an email ages ago about a psp survey and i think it gave a few hints in the "Do you think the following would be good on a psp" type questions

Someone mentioned using it as IR to mobile phones and using a phones data ports also, kinda like a pda.
    i got that as well, cant remember if i did or not though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

it works as a remote for sony wega tvs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you are on v1.0 or v1.5 Firmware you can run PSP Remote which turns the PSP into a remote for Sony WEGA TV's, Sony PS2 and also Sony DvD Players.

If any of ya want to give it a go I have attached it below.

Advertisement