Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Send donations to RTÉ

• 12-01-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭

In the grand Irish TV tradition of showing the same movies over and over, we now bring you a full season of Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies just months after showing them all to you before.

Yawn as Clint says, "Make my day, punk!" more times than you've had a plate of bacon and cabbage.

Wheep as Clint whips out his big weapon and waves it in people's faces.

He has hand guns too. You know, those things we are not allowed to own but TV can broadcast day in and day out in tedious crime crapers or Jean-Claude van Damme garbage that are shown week after week for the masses of knuckle headed chavs in Dublin, Limerick and Cork cities.

Too avoid this tedium please go along to your local Blockbuster, rent a video and send it to...

The Braindead
    RTÉ
    The Pale
    Dublin 666

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JayBee66 wrote:
    knuckle headed chavs in Dublin, Limerick and Cork cities.

Nothing wrong with these cities.

If you want good tv do as you say and rent a dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭JayBee66

The Irish have no sense of humour which is why Irish comedy shows are awful and are usually weak immitations of overseas comedy shows.

How did Stew win an Ify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

JayBee66 wrote:
    The Irish have no sense of humour
    hahaha, thats hilarious.. we are world famous for our sense of humour... hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

JayBee66 wrote:
    The Irish have no sense of humour which is why Irish comedy shows are awful and are usually weak immitations of overseas comedy shows.

How did Stew win an Ify?

This can be simply answered in 3 letters

RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

JayBee66 wrote:
    Too avoid this tedium please go along to your local Blockbuster, rent a video and send it to...

I didn't know we had Blockbuster over here, I thought it was chartbusters or Xtra-vision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Isn't a donation when you give money to an organisation and get nothing in return? :confused:

Well I already pay my tv licence.

I didn't know we had Blockbuster over here
    It all makes sense now, he's probably some guy that lives somewhere in the EU and watches RTE Europe!
    We dont have blockbuster in this country, we also have a sense of humour... better than any of your british/spainish/german/french or 'whereever ur from' comedies! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

There's a Blockbuster on the Dunmore Rd in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭JayBee66

trishw78 wrote:

Thank you.

The rest of you had better get off your arses, stop watching the latest "I wanna be a Yank/Brit" show and do something more constructive like having an idea of what shops you have in your streets. Bit of exercise never hurt.

The only half decent Irish comedy is Father Ted and that would never have been made without Channel 4 UK.

I'm over here in Munster if you're looking for me. The locals have 12 fingers and talk too fast but don't worry this Leinster man will knock some sense into these barbarians

trishw78 wrote:
    Hmmm... i've searched for irelands only blockbuster, but the only video place on that road is this one: Xtra-vision, Cove Ctr Dunmore rd, Waterford ...
    strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

xtravision is blockbuster. my sister used to work for them

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thread is nonsense and is now locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement