Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunes from newbie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Top stuff my man.
    Really liked the first track, (Bubblebottix I think it was called), has a nice Orbital feel to it. Personally I would have added a filter sweep to the bassline in places (but then again I just love filter sweeps :D ). The other two tracks were excellent also. Nice production and good clean sounds. What kind of software/hardware are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 User Name

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback. Might try a filter sweep on that bassline as you suggested! I use Reason for making beats, Fl studio 5 for putting it all together and for vsts, effects etc, Rebirth cos it rocks & T-racks to master it all.Im working on a few new ones but find it hard to finish tunes, always coming up with new ideas for new tunes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Somehow I don't think your a newbie :).

I think the first track is definetly more of an IDM influence than Oribital, which is right up my alley. Drums are good, as are the synths and I really like what you did at the end.

I like the melodies in the second track, I think the snare stands out too much though.

I don't think one of the pads fits in the third track, sounds out of tune or something. Its a catchy little number none the less.

Good stuff mate, post back when you make some more stuff.

Cheers dude I meant newbie to this forum :) Ill post them if i ever get them finished! Thanks again

I hear what you're saying about not finishing tracks. I tend to have about 3 or 4 half finished. The biggest problem is you might put something together and think it sounds pretty good. Then you listen to it the following day and its like 'what a pile of pooh!' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thats me exactly! I find when i come home drunk and fire a few ideas down they sound great the next morning (or at least when the hangover dies down!) If any of ye want to collaborate let me know!

Have any of ye ever used Collab? It comes with FLstudio but I've never tried it.

Heard of it but i dont have an internet connection at home. Sounds a bit gimmicky though. Exchanging through email or web space is the way to go one to one me thinks!

Yeah true, well I've someone starts a track I'll throw my 2cents in there anyway.

Got any tunes online Anima? What styles do you like?

• Advertisement

I'll post up a beginnig of a track tommorrow. At the moment I'm thinking of using it as a sort of 'part I' and then writing a different track and using it as a 'part II'. It'll be in mp3 format but if anyone wants to do anything with it I could also post up the patterns as individual tracks. (1 bar each)

Cool man, post the individual bits, ill get some together and post em too!

OK. I've posted the bits here. It's a zip file and it contains various 1 bar patterns. I've also included the track as it is together (well the begining of the track anyway). It's called 110. None of the samples have been mastered or anything, just exported directly out of FL and converted to mp3. (192 bitrate). If things get serious then I suppose wav files will have to be used. Anyhoo, see what ye can do.
    PS Apologies for the hum on the sub_melody sample. I couldn't kill it in the vst it was generated in.

Got any tunes online Anima? What styles do you like?
    Not at the moment, finding it hard to finish stuff these days.

I like IDM, drum and bass, ambient, anything good really.

Nice one, same styles as myself. If you have any half finished stuff throw it up and ill have a mess around. Ive got lots of unfinished stuff too that ill post online for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

finishing stuff for me is a nightmare. i'm working on a track at the moment and i've just hit a brick wall. if i had a studio, a few more synths, a vocalist, and a musician ot two i'd be sorted.

Great storage site here, simple to use http://www.yousendit.com/
    You just upload your files and put the email of the person you want to download them. Anyone interested in a collab just PM me

Advertisement