Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Dumbledore...(spoilers)

Options
  • 12-01-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Rise from the dead?

I'd love to see him appear in trhe final book maybe to help harry when he faces voldemort or something like that.... Well thats coming from someone who always wanted to see dumbledore vs. voldemort in the final battle instead of some young pup;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I don't think so. I believe JKR has said something along the lines of "death is irreversible" in several interviews. It seems to be a theme in the books, that magic can't solve everything. And remember Harry talking to Nick the ghost about trying to see Sirius again? He was shot down.

Maybe
    he'll appear in some sort of ghostly form to advise Harry but I hope not. That would be far too Obi-wan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i think it would be a bit of a cop out, tbh. it would totally remove the emotional factor from his death, and seriously lessen what snape did (be that good or really really bad :rolleyes: ).

but doesnt he now have a portrait in the headmasters office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I think that it's extremely unlikely that he will rise from the dead. Should Dumbledore reappear, it would probably because he had never died, a topic which I'm fairly certain has already been extensively discussed here.

Personally I think that he won't come back, although the website www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com does raise some interesting points. I would have to agree that it would ruin the emotional content of the last book. Also, it seems to me that the first six books have been nothing more than a series of tests that Harry has to overcome before he is ready to face Voldemort. If Dumbledore comes back to do it for Harry, it would make all of Harry's preparation irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Perhaps Dumbledore will appear in the Headmasters office along with all the previous Headmasters - in Painting Form.

It's just a thought....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I thought he already had appeared in painting form? He was asleep though so he didn't say anything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jk said she killed off everyone Harry loved because she wanted him to go it alone. So maybe they'll reappear at some stage, but I'd say it would be towards the end.

Fishie wrote:
    I thought he already had appeared in painting form? He was asleep though so he didn't say anything

better go back and read the last few chapters again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

quazzy wrote:
    better go back and read the last few chapters again
    Why, did I get it wrong? I've lost the book anyway so I can't read it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I can tell you now dumbledore will be back, id put money on it, she would not have gone into so much info on horcrux's, he has bits of his soul around I bet ya;)

Dumbledore wouldn't create Horcruxes! They're the most evil thing a wizard can do. There's absolutely no way. If he's not dead, it has nothing to do with having created horcruxes.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    Why, did I get it wrong? I've lost the book anyway so I can't read it again!
    No, I meant that I better go back and read the last few chapters. I'm not sure if he did appear in the paintings or not.

He did. He was "Snoozing peacefully".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Indeed he was! And I have to agree- no way would Dumbldore create a horcrux- it involves taking a human life and it's obvious from reading the books that Dumbledore doesn't believe in that.

Advertisement